World Architecture Festival
World Architecture Festival is unique, the only independent, global festival that combines awards, conferences and networking, providing architectural knowledge and inspiration.
Our attendees come to learn, discuss latest trends, share ideas and celebrate excellence. The WAF awards sit at the heart of the festival, the only global awards programme where projects are presented live by the architects to an illustrious panel of international judges. Previous judges include; Norman Foster, Rafael Vinoly, Katherine Gustafson, Farshid Moussavi and Arata Isozaki.
2017 marked our 10 year anniversary and our second year of WAF in Berlin, a city with magnificent architectural heritage, and first-class contemporary buildings, which makes it a true architectural destination.
WAF in numbers:
- 2000+ attendees including architects, designers and allied professionals
- 450 shortlisted projects – all presenting live at the festival to delegates and judges
- 100 international judges giving live critique
- 50 inspirational seminars
- 60 countries represented
- 80 internationally acclaimed speakers
- 39 building types represented
- 4 nights of parties and networking events
- 3 key elements – awards, conferences and an exhibition
- 2 events in one – WAF’s sister festival INSIDE takes place at the same time focusing on interiors.