The multiple-award winning Nursing Times has been established for over 110 years as the independent voice of the nursing community, championing nurses and acting as a critical friend to support their development. It combines double-blind peer reviewed research and innovation with a suite of online learning units, ensuring Nursing Times' subscribers have constant access to the most up-to-date best practice to support their professional development. Nursing Times' readers also benefit from being the first to hear about breaking news stories relating to their career which, along with thought-provoking comment and opinion from nursing leaders and experts, gives them an unprecedented overview of the nursing world.
Nursing Times also runs Nursing Times Careers Live, a portfolio of six events in London, Manchester, Bristol, Leeds and Birmingham, which help nurses and student nurses develop their careers and find their next role. In addition, the brand runs a number of leading events, including bespoke round table events and The Student Nursing Times Awards and Nursing Times Awards.
Nursing Times is the UK’s leading independent nursing brand operating through the biggest nursing website in Europe, an award-winning online learning and revalidation system, monthly magazine, email newsletters, and a series of awards and conferences. Established in 1905, it is recognised as the go-to source for nurses seeking clinical content to help them develop their skills and knowledge, and news and opinion to keep them up to date with nursing and healthcare.
Nursing Times is looking for a talented editor with experience of editing clinical/scientific content to join its award-winning practice and learning team. This is a role with the potential for significant career development for the right candidate.
- Editing clinical articles and educational content written by nurses for publication in print or online
- Ensuring content conforms to Nursing Times house style
- Updating online learning materials
- Adding features to our online clinical archive in our digital-first publishing strategy
- Working with the marketing solutions team to develop commercial projects and supplements
- Networking at nursing events to engage with the Nursing Times audience and generate ideas for content
- At least three years’ editing experience, at least two of which should involve working with clinical/scientific material
- Experience of editing material provided by non-professional writers
- Knowledge of nursing and/or healthcare
- Experience of using an online content management system
Qualifications and Experience (desirable)
- Experience of increasing digital engagement
- Experience of working on educational materials
- Experience of using a learning management system
- Fast, accurate editing skills with excellent attention to detail
- Flawless grammar and spelling
- Ability to turn often complex and dense specialist or academic material into accessible and engaging content, presented in clear, plain English
- Ability to support inexperienced writers to develop their material
Please email your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com to apply for this job
We’re committed to Emap being a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees. They include 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell), health plan and life insurance cover, Cycle 2 Work scheme, discounted gym memberships, retail discount vouchers and much more!
EMAP is a member of the Metropolis Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.