EMAP is a fast-growing content, subscription and events business.
Our industry leading brands sit at the heart of business powerful communities like Health, Construction, Architecture and Fashion.
EMAP people are ambitious, curious by nature and use this to create great work products and solutions. EMAP people are great communicators to our customers and have deep personal integrity.
We are a performance-driven growth business with an entrepreneurial and sociable spirit.
The Architects’ Journal (AJ) is a practical resource that helps architects solve problems in their day-to-day work, inspires their design process and helps them target new opportunities. The portfolio reaches the widest decision-making audience in the UK architectural market (through print, online, film, social media and events). The magazine is the only fully paid for UK architectural title you have the assurance that it is read and held onto for future reference.
The Architectural Review (AR) is the leading authority on contemporary architecture in the world. The AR offers its unique perspective on the biggest issues of our time, from housing to the urban condition, commissioning foreign correspondents to critique emerging architecture while its immense archive of historical reports provide the long view. Through its awards, the AR redefines excellence and crowns the stars of tomorrow. In print, online, on social, on film and podcast, the AR shapes the architecture of the present and future.
World Architecture Festival (WAF) is a unique three-day event for architects and interior design professionals. WAF is the only global festival that combines awards, live judging, conferences and networking providing architectural knowledge and inspiration.
- To sell sponsorship and marketing solutions across the EMAP Architecture portfolio
- To ensure maximum delivery against sales targets across agreed territory
- Proactively and strategically source and secure new business revenue in agreed territory whilst managing and growing existing accounts (approx. 70/30)
- To sell the full range of products in the portfolio – from print and digital through to sponsorship campaigns
- To deliver / exceed monthly, quarterly and annual target revenues. To identify new revenue streams to generate sustainable growth year on year
- Prepare strategic plans and identify opportunities for new business growth
- To make the agreed number of calls, trade show visits and client meetings to ensure regular contact with new and existing clients in order to grow revenue and market share (some international travel may be required)
- Closely monitor market and competitor activity and understand the market forces affecting the sector.
- To be the recognised face of the brands across customer types in specified territory.
- New business development – proactively and strategically targeting and confirming new business revenue for the portfolio. Ensuring a high level of quality client interaction (phone, trade shows and qualified meetings). Securing clients who have not previously spent with the brands or who are lapsed (a year or more).
- Relationship Management - Maintain regular contact (through both face-to-face visits and telephone contact) with existing client and build excellent working relationships in order to increase each brand’s share of their clients spend & YOY growth of all existing account spend.
- Sales Performance - To support the Commercial Director to implement the operational sales plan, to deliver / exceed against monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets. To identify and assess new product development to ensure sustainable growth
- Collaborative Working - Work in partnership with the sales, editorial and events teams to ensure that revenue targets are reached and exceeded where possible
- General Tasks - Keep track of personal run rates and maintain a sufficient and accurate pipeline
- Results driven
- Strong business acumen
- High standards
- Excellent communication skills: able to develop and maintain strong personal relationships with team members and external stakeholders
- Structured and organised, but also flexible
- Planning & Organisation
- Commercial Awareness - including creative solutions
- Sales structure & process
- Relationship Building
- Communicating and Influencing
- Experience in a B2B publishing and events sales environment is preferred but not essential
- Sales experience in/knowledge of the built environment sector is preferred but not essential
- Must be familiar with general computer use including Microsoft word, excel, PowerPoint and outlook
Although we're advertising this as a managerial role, we will be open to consider the right senior candidate for Business Development Director level.
Please email your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this job.
We’re committed to Emap being a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees. They include 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell), health plan and life insurance cover, Cycle 2 Work scheme, discounted gym memberships, retail discount vouchers and much more!
EMAP is a member of the Metropolis Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.