The main function of the role is to sell recruitment solutions across the emap recruitment portfolio:
Maintain regular contact with your client list and build excellent working relationships in order to increase the brand’s share of clients’ spend
Ensure maximum delivery against sales targets across entire brand portfolio digital & print through the management and growth of customer accounts & generation of new business
Why Recruitment Advertising at emap?
The emap recruitment team is a fast-paced desk, with a close-knit team who are motivated to succeed. The BDM offers a commission pot of £10,000 as a starting point, with strong accelerators for those who over achieve against revenue targets.
Not only do we offer strong commission, we regularly run additional incentives across the team and sales floor, including a league table and incentives for team social events.
This role allows you to take ownership of the portfolio, working with all types of clients – recruitment consultancies, direct employers, advertising agencies and contractors, both existing and new business generation.
- Represent the emap recruitment brands in the market whilst promoting the magazines, events and job boards as the solution of choice for recruitment needs
- Deliver / exceed monthly, quarterly and annual target revenues as defined by your manager
- Identify new revenue streams to generate sustainable growth, year on year – e.g. new areas of business, new product development ideas, etc.
- Find and target new areas for revenue e.g. new advertisers from the competition, new projects increasing recruitment needs, new company launches, networking at industry events, expanding relationships with advertising agencies with clients in engineering, etc.
- To attend various exhibitions/conferences/events and seminars as agreed, to maintain and build client contacts and obtain new leads where possible.
- As a Business Development Manager you will ideally have a minimum of 6-12 months sales experience in a business to business environment
- You will have a proven track record of successfully achieving targets and KPIs in your previous role(s)
- You will be professional, entrepreneurial and organized with a passion for hard work
- You will also be an excellent communicator with innate sales skills including: negotiation, influencing, creating urgency and closing
- Planning & organisation
- Commercial awareness
- Sales structure & process
- Relationship building
- Communicating and influencing
Ambitious / Driven / High Energy / Curious / High Personal Integrity / Great Communicator Trustworthy / Team Player
Please email your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com to apply for this job
We’re committed to Emap being a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees. They include 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell), health plan and life insurance cover, Cycle 2 Work scheme, discounted gym memberships, retail discount vouchers and much more!
EMAP is a member of the Metropolis Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.