EMAP is a content, subscription and events business. We connect influential people and organisations to a high value network of decision makers, data and ideas through our industry leading portfolio of brands.
We are a faced paced, highly commercial UK based operation with a portfolio that covers the health, government, fashion, construction and engineering and architecture space.
EMAP produces websites, magazines, live and digital events as well as bespoke client solutions.
What we are looking for…..
- Ambition and drive – someone that knows how to showcase passion for their marketplace
- A sales professional with at least 18 months+ B2B subscriptions experience
- A curious and analytical salesperson that will be able to interrogate client usage reports and strategically manage our largest accounts
- A fearless can do attitude that will pitch for a six figure deal when the opportunity is there but also take care of the pounds
- An agile and organised salesperson that can hit he phones where necessary or hold a room presenting to groups
- Exposure to and understanding of Construction or Local Government marketplace would be a big plus
What we're offering...
- A Business Development Manager role with 60% responsibility for account management and 40% new business
- Access to EMAPs uncapped commission scheme for corporate subscriptions which is setup to reward quarterly billings performance and incentivise multi years deals
- Construction News and Local Government Chronicle are two great EMAP brands. Our brands aim to help people and businesses do their jobs better, manage all the complex changes we all face, connect people, share ideas, encourage innovation, promote best practice and set the standards and values of the sector
- This role is working alongside 2 other talented corporate subscriptions account managers and you will be part of a 12 strong sales team that sell a diverse mix of products across healthcare, local government and construction
- Sales training, regular coaching and ongoing career development support will be readily available to help you achieve your professional goals
- This role works directly with our content and marketing experts and you will be a key driver in developing and owning the product strategy for corporate subscriptions
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum of 18 months to 3 years’ experience selling B2B product/solution in a specialist market
- Proven successful sales track record
- Advanced relationship and interpersonal skills (100% customer focused)
- Excellent planning & organisation skills
- Excellent persuasion and influencing skills
- A strong understanding of structured face to face & telephone sales techniques
- Ability to operate with independence
Please email your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com to apply for this job
We’re committed to Emap being a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees. They include 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell), health plan and life insurance cover, Cycle 2 Work scheme, discounted gym memberships, retail discount vouchers and much more!
EMAP is a member of the Metropolis Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.