EMAP’s purpose is to drive professional progress for ambitious individuals and companies in Fashion, Architecture, Health and Construction. We unlock growth opportunities for our customers. Our unrivalled relationships with key decision makers give our customers essential access, insight and recognition. We deliver this professional advantage through award winning digital content, live events, intelligence services and learning tools.
About the role:
Based in the FABS division in our Shoreditch office and reporting to the portfolio Commercial Director, this role will involve selling B2B sponsorship and marketing solutions across the highly respected and market leading architecture brands The Architects’ Journal, The Architectural Review and The World Architecture Festival.
The ideal person for this role will be highly motivated and skilled Business Development Manager. You will join our friendly and high performing sales team. A brilliant communicator with a strong work ethic, you will be selling B2B solutions into senior marketing and sales representatives from some the UK’s leading design, construction and technology manufacturers who are looking to influence and engage with our architecture audience.
- To sell the full range of products in the portfolio – from print and digital through to sponsorship campaigns
- To make the agreed number of calls, trade show visits and client meetings to ensure regular contact with new and existing clients in order to grow qualified pipeline, revenue and market share.
- To deliver / exceed monthly, quarterly and annual target revenues, generating sustainable growth year on year
- Closely monitor market and competitor activity and understand the market forces affecting the sector.
- To be the recognised as face of the brands across customer types in specified territory.
- Work in partnership with the sales, editorial and events teams to ensure that revenue targets are reached and exceeded.
- Take ownership of your client base and sales numbers. Keep track of personal run rates and maintain a sufficient and accurate pipeline.
- Taking responsibility for the campaigns you have sold by following internal processes and liaising with relevant departments to ensure orders are processed correctly and activity is delivered as per the agreements.
Please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
We’re committed to EMAP being a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees. They include 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell), health plan and life insurance cover, Cycle 2 Work scheme, discounted gym memberships, retail discount vouchers and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.