The Architects Journal (AJ) and the Architectural Review (AR) are 2 market-leading brands in this exciting sector. Architecture shapes all our lives, from where we live, work and play, and has far-reaching social and environmental impacts that will affect generations.
AJ and AR are market leading brands that have been at the heart of this industry for over 100 years. AJ targets the community of UK architects in both small and large practices, giving them recognition, support and honestly to drive their passion and professional success. AR is the premier global brand for cultural architect influences. Both brands have multi-platform subscription services, awards and conference programmes, large marketing solution businesses and a host of other products.
We are looking for an exceptional Campaign Manager to create award-winning marketing campaigns and drive exponential growth in subscriber numbers, to secure greater market share, to recruit the right customers who stay with the brands for many, many years and to drive online engagement and usage for individual and corporate customers.
Deliver world- class, brand enhancing, marketing communication programmes that drive our customer numbers and enrich their relationship with us.
- To drive subscriber acquisition, retention and engagement performance.
- Create compelling, needs-based/emotionally driven campaigns that articulate the value of our brands and the brand propositions, at all times working within brand guidelines
- Work within agreed customer metrics and KPI’s (opens, clicks, CPR, CPA etc.) to pro-actively manage the customer base.
- Co-ordinate activity across multiple channels including email, web, print, events and social media to ensure consistency of message. Liaising closely with external telesales agency.
- Develop customer data builds, usage and analytics to increase effective targeting, response/ conversion rates (an ability to interrogate date – segment, analyse)
- To measure and review performance within key ROI and KPI criteria to increase lead generation, conversion and retention rates
- To use market intelligence and customer insight and analysis to increase understanding of our audiences and effectiveness of our campaigns
- Work with editorial, data, digital, insight, retention and corporate teams to use all tools, techniques and touch points to maximise sales effectiveness and create consistent campaign messages across all contact points
- Work closely with the sponsorship team to provide leads and send out campaigns to support the commercial team
- Ensure the commercial team message is included where relevant on promotional collateral
- Ensure both magazines are represented at all relevant events. This will include Emap events and partnership events
- A qualification in marketing/digital marketing an advantage – multi channel
- Proven track record in direct marketing, campaign management and digital marketing (ideally in subscriptions B2B marketing)
- Good understanding of online audiences’ behaviour, needs and changing trends ( = working within an environment/product or service which requires a detailed understand of customer behaviour)
- Thorough understanding of print & digital subscription renewal cycles
- Able to work to challenging targets within tight timeframes, prioritising and setting clear measurable and achievable goals
- Proven experience of developing and managing strategic plans and budgets (£100K +)
- Ability to spot opportunities and transform ideas into practical reality and review existing challenges and generate fresh solutions
- Innovative and creative - Ready to work as part of the team and test and innovate to drive results
- Target oriented (= you have worked in a measured environment)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and use of excel/data packages (intermediate)
- Understanding of how to build marketing plans to cover acquisition and retention across all the relevant sectors within the audience, to ensure we have the best opportunities to grow the subscription base
- An understanding of ROI per channel to ensure that the marketing budget is spent wisely to maximise the subscription growth
- An understanding of the full renewal cycle and communications with subscriptions to ensure customer engagement and to help drive up the renewal rates.
- Extremely well organised and able to manage and prioritise a diverse workload (and able to articulate management of time/process)
- Able to create a network of peers and build relationships across the business (stakeholder management – cross function)
- Understanding of web analytics (Webtrends, Google Analytics or equivalent packages useful)
- Works well under pressure and not afraid to push back when needed
- Self-starter with ownership and accountability
- Confident team player
- Great communicator, builds trust at all levels with internal and external stakeholders
- Practical, resourceful and results-orientated
- Creative thinker with drive, commitment and the ability to overcome obstacles
- Enthusiastic, motivated and not afraid to have a voice
- Ambitious and driven. with a clear perspective of your career and where you want to go
Please email your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this job
We’re committed to Emap being a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees. They include 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell), health plan and life insurance cover, Cycle 2 Work scheme, discounted gym memberships, retail discount vouchers and much more!
EMAP is a member of the Metropolis Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.