Emap is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Conference Producer for its wide-ranging events portfolio in the fashion, architecture and building services division. This is an exciting opportunity to work across a leading portfolio of brands, including Drapers, Retail Jeweller, Architects’ Journal, The Architectural Review, H&V News and Materials Recycling World.
All brands have a long history in their sectors and include a printed magazine, digital insight and a variety of events over the year, notably the World Architecture Festival, AJ100 and the Drapers Fashion Forum.
The Conference Producer will be responsible for researching and developing conferences and events across a number of industry sectors, delivering them to a high standard, on time and within budget. The successful candidate will have at least two years’ experience in a similar role and have an impressive track record of producing high quality, profitable business conferences.
We are looking for an upbeat, creative and proactive producer that is commercially astute, resourceful and organised, has great communication skills, a cool head and a ‘can-do’ attitude.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and competencies:
- Excellent research skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Analytical and able to interpret data to shape ideas
- Proven research and analytical skills – critical in identifying and deciding the direction of a topic
- Proactive / self-starter – don’t wait to be asked! must be a go getter who is going to seek out and grab opportunities with both hands
- Sharp copywriting skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills in order to meet deadlines and balance many tasks and people at once.
- Excellent communication skills: able to develop and maintain strong personal relationships with team members and external stakeholders
- Structured and organised, but also flexible
- Clear understanding and delivery of core conference KPIs
- Demonstration of strong topic generation and market development ability
- Clear understanding of the commercial business practices that underpin conferences
- Strong commercial awareness and a clear comprehension of profit and loss/basic business principles
- Entrepreneurial – an innovator who has experience of new launches, new formats, new processes
Please email your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this job
We’re committed to EMAP being a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees. They include 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell), health plan and life insurance cover, Cycle 2 Work scheme, discounted gym memberships, retail discount vouchers and much more!
EMAP is a member of the Metropolis Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.