EMAP’s purpose is to drive professional progress for ambitious individuals and companies in Fashion, Architecture, Health and Construction. We unlock growth opportunities for our customers. Our unrivalled relationships with key decision makers give our customers essential access, insight and recognition. We deliver this professional advantage through award winning digital content, live events, intelligence services and learning tools. Construction News, New Civil Engineer and Ground Engineering - hold unique positions at the heart of influential communities. CONE is the construction and engineering team at EMAP, including the Construction News, New Civil Engineer and Ground Engineering brands.
About the role:
Working under the direction of the Head of Events, you will be responsible for identifying and producing industry leading, commercially viable repeat conferences and events. The length and structure of these may vary through-out the year.
The ideal candidate for this opportunity will have entrepreneurial and an innovator, with experience of new launches, new formats, new processes you will have Strong commercial awareness and a clear comprehension of profit and loss. Confident and resilient you will take a hands-on approach to your work and be highly organised. This is an amazing opportunity for someone ready to take their next step within the industry and ideally for someone on a short notice or immediately available.
- Event creation (concept, format and agenda).
- Research the feasibility of repeat events, maximise existing events to ensure they meet the ‘need to know’ requirement to guarantee attendance.
- Conduct detailed research by phone and in person with key industry figures to determine the validity of topics, key themes, format, speakers, competitor landscape, timing, price point and location.
- Project manage all aspects and ensure the production of high quality, industry leading commercially viable events to deadline.
- Write comprehensive topic briefing documents which contain essential information about the key industry issues, market and event to brief all internal stakeholders (SPEX, delegate sales, marketing, logistics and editorial).
- Through your detailed research, write topical and commercially viable conference programs.
- Work with the event marketer to create a robust, clearly defined marketing, data and content brief that enables you to produce a powerful marketing, content and data plan that delivers the agreed outcome.
- Project-manage the involvement of internal stakeholders to ensure the event meets deadlines and revenue targets.
Please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re committed to EMAP being a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees. They include 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell), health plan and life insurance cover, Cycle 2 Work scheme, discounted gym memberships, retail discount vouchers and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.