Construction News is a multiple award-winning title, reporting on an industry worth £110bn to UK GDP, which employs more than two million people.
We’re the market leader in breaking news, analysis and events, publishing digitally each day and with a weekly print title.
We report on and for the companies who build UK social and economic infrastructure, helping them to do business better.
As deputy editor, you will report directly to the editor – leading a team of 10 - and help shape CN’s future content and multiple events.
This could include investigations into Carillion’s collapse or the future impact of Brexit on the UK construction industry.
It will also include working on CN’s two-day Summit and multiple bespoke events annually, from chairing round-tables to being interviewed by national broadcast media as an industry expert.
- Lead a team including news editor, features editor and reporters who research and write award-winning and sector-leading news and analysis.
- Researching and writing outstanding news and analysis; editing copy; line managing a talented editorial team.
- Build a contacts book of chief executives, politicians and leaders. Become an expert on the work that goes into creating some of the UK’s most prestigious construction projects.
- Working on events, such as the two-day CN Summit, our awards and bespoke events including round tables.
- Representing CN at UK and international events as well as broadcast media requests for expert comment.
- Experience in B2B publishing preferable and demonstrable evidence of successfully leading content teams.
- The role is ideal for an outstanding news editor/ deputy editor looking to take the next step in their career, aspiring to be a B2B editor of a market-leading title.
- Experience of subbing, writing outstanding content and line management.
- Proven ability to secure industry-leading exclusives and make outstanding contacts in your field.
- Knowledge of, or experience in, the construction and property industries would be beneficial, but is not a must.
CN has a close-knit team, who work together to produce the best content and events in our industry.
You will need to demonstrate leadership qualities, outstanding contact-building skills and an insatiable appetite to help CN continue to grow as the market’s leading title.
You will be diligent, organised and full of ideas, from helping junior members of the team to bringing in potential commercial / editorial partnerships.
Please submit your CV alongside of the cover letter and salary expectations.
Please email your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com to apply for this job