Construction News is dedicated to providing essential business information and intelligence to win work and compete effectively in an increasingly complex construction sector. It is widely recognised as the brand trusted by leading contractors to help them shape the future of the industry.
With a premier reputation based on accurate news reporting, market analysis and expert commentary, Constructions News engages an influential group of senior decision-makers drawn from both core contractors and major suppliers in the construction industry.
Relied upon by thousands of construction professionals, Construction News is a unique brand offering unparalleled opportunity across multiple platforms spanning print, web, mobile, social media, awards and bespoke events.
Are you passionate about design? Have a serious eye for the fine details and ensuring everything is accurate?
If you come from a Media or Editorial background, we need you!
Here at EMAP, Construction News is the digital-first, B2B leader for the £100bn+ construction industry, covering the planning and building of major social and economic infrastructure.
Our deputy head of production will lead on our weekly print content (including making changes to print and digital layout) and help to produce daily digital content. This will include subediting, fact-checking, design and layout for both digital and print, as well as curation of daily newsletters.
You will help set the tone for how Construction News looks and feels as the UK’s leading, trusted source of construction intelligence.
Your will help to set the highest standards for the accuracy and quality of our print content, working with the production & engagement editor to ensure CN is thought-provoking, intelligent and fair. Working with reporters on improving their copy, assisting the editor and head of content and suggesting innovative ways for CN to keep improving how it presents its data-led journalism.
Having an interest in the construction industry would be ideal, but a passion to be the very best in the what you do is key.
- Leading on weekly magazine print production and design layouts
- Aiding production & engagement editor on subediting of copy and maintaining house style
- Coming up with new and outstanding design layout for print and online
- Using social media, infographics and data tools to promote CN content
- Measuring and recommending ways to improve audience engagement, particularly for digital strategy
- Knowledge and experience of InDesign and Photoshop is required
- A portfolio of design / layout work
- Knowledge of using a CMS and digital tools such as Google or Adobe Analytics
- Knowledge of other Adobe software (ie Illustrator) ideal
- Experience on a business title is not required, but would be a bonus
This role suits someone with an eye for design, and who is able to translate tricky industry content into accessible data, graphics and layouts. They will need to be keen on content improvement and wants to work on the leading business title in its sector.
The deputy head of production will be involved in making decisions on all things production for CN’s long-term strategy around content, campaigns and events.
Must be enthusiastic, passionate, organised, with an ability to work under pressure with daily digital and weekly print deadlines.
Strong news sense and a passionate interest in current affairs and digital journalism.
- Trustworthy, collaborative, competitive and ambitious.
- Constantly wanting to improve and lead production of original, compelling and brave content that makes a difference to our readers.
- Must want to help and develop staff with writing, layout and personal skills.
Please email your CV and Cover Letter to Ed.Brereton@emap.com to apply for this job
We’re committed to Emap being a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees. They include 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell), health plan and life insurance cover, Cycle 2 Work scheme, discounted gym memberships, retail discount vouchers and much more!
EMAP is a member of the Metropolis Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.