Construction News is dedicated to providing essential business information and intelligence to win work and compete effectively in an increasingly complex construction sector. It is widely recognised as the brand trusted by leading contractors to help them shape the future of the industry.
With a premier reputation based on accurate news reporting, market analysis and expert commentary, Constructions News engages an influential group of senior decision-makers drawn from both core contractors and major suppliers in the construction industry.
Relied upon by thousands of construction professionals, Construction News is a unique brand offering unparalleled opportunity across multiple platforms spanning print, web, mobile, social media, awards and bespoke events.
Do you want to lead a large editorial team on a fast-growing subscriptions brand? Are you committed to producing the highest quality content that impacts and influences an industry? Do you love coming up with original content and product ideas?
Construction News is looking for an Editor to lead its award-winning editorial team.
Construction News serves the £120bn construction with market leading print, digital and event products. Construction News is a fast paced digital first brand with a high quality and quantity website and a weekly magazine. Construction News’ journalists continue to set the bar for reporting in the sector and its events continue to grow from strength to strength. Construction News strives to help the sector do business better with a focus on values.
Construction News is a leading title for campaigning journalism with its mental health and Inspire Me campaigns. Construction News was named Mind’s Best Publication for its Mind Matters campaign and in 2018 was the IBP Magazine of the Year.
The Construction News Editor role is an exceptional opportunity to devise and drive the content strategy across all platforms of a highly established and respected brand. The position offers substantial engagement at the highest level with the UK construction industry as well as supporting all departments that drive the success of Construction News from events to subscriptions and sales.
- Manage and coach the editorial team
- Define and deliver the content strategy
- Be the ambassador of the brand at the very highest levels
- Work with the subscriptions team on strategy
- Help deliver the sector-leading live events at Construction News’s three awards
- Support, guide and develop conferences and events
- Drive commercial delivery across all formats – events, marketing solutions and sponsor initiated content
- Manage the brand’s resources and budget efficiently
- Experience as an editor or equivalent
- Exceptional organisational ability
- Forward thinking with the ability to come up with brilliant ideas
- First class journalistic skills
- Inspirational people manager
- Highly commercially driven and committed to delivering exceptional outcomes for partners
- Driven, resilient and able to work under pressure
- A keen eye for detail and always be looking for ways to improve
- Be hands-on and understand that no job is too big or too small
Submit a CV and covering letter to email@example.com or click apply.
Closing date: 3rd May 2019
We’re committed to Emap being a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees. They include 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell), health plan and life insurance cover, Cycle 2 Work scheme, discounted gym memberships, retail discount vouchers and much more!
EMAP is a member of the Metropolis Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.