New Civil Engineer
New Civil Engineer (NCE) is the official magazine of the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE). For over 50 years, NCE has been the leading resource for civil engineering news and analysis, industry comment, technical features, product innovations and job opportunities.
NCE is at the heart of the profession, helping, provoking and celebrating at every turn. It is an unrivalled platform to share ideas and debate the big issues. In short, NCE is the most credible civil engineering resource available offering access through print, online, mobile, social networks and face to face events to leading industry professionals.
NCE's readership includes every member of the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) based in the UK. Our monthly international magazine New Civil Engineer International has a includes every member of the ICE based overseas.
Salary: Competitive + Bonus
Do you want to lead a large editorial team on a brand producing the highest quality content that impacts and influences an industry? Do you love coming up with original content and product ideas?
New Civil Engineer is looking for an Editor to lead its outstanding editorial team.
New Civil Engineer (NCE) is the official magazine and website of the world-renowned Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE). NCE delivers insight, inspiration and education to civil engineers across the globe through a monthly print magazine, a website, daily newsletters and a large portfolio of industry leading events including the British Construction Industry Awards.
New Civil Engineer is a fast paced digital first brand with a high quality and quantity website and a monthly magazine. New Civil Engineer’s journalists continue to set the bar for reporting in the sector and its events continue to grow from strength to strength.
The New Civil Engineer Editor role is an exceptional opportunity to devise and drive the content strategy across all platforms of a highly established and respected brand. The position offers substantial engagement at the highest level with the Institution of Civil Engineers and the UK and global civil engineering community as well as supporting all departments that drive the success of Construction News from events to subscriptions and sales.
- Manage and coach the editorial team
- Define and deliver the content strategy
- Be the ambassador of the brand at the very highest levels
- Help deliver the sector-leading live events
- Support, guide and develop conferences and events
- Drive commercial delivery across all formats – events, marketing solutions and sponsor initiated content
- Manage the brand’s resources and budget efficiently
- Experience as an editor or equivalent
- Exceptional organisational ability
- Forward thinking with the ability to come up with brilliant ideas
- First class journalistic skills
- Inspirational people manager
- Highly commercially driven and committed to delivering exceptional outcomes for partners
- Driven, resilient and able to work under pressure
- A keen eye for detail and always be looking for ways to improve
- Be hands-on and understand that no job is too big or too small
Please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . Closing date: 6 December 2019
We’re committed to EMAP being a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees. They include 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell), health plan and life insurance cover, Cycle 2 Work scheme, discounted gym memberships, retail discount vouchers and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.