Metropolis Group is looking for an Email Delivery and Database Manager. This is a maternity cover fixed term contract for 12 months. The Digital Marketing Team plans and executes a market leading email marketing strategy that supports sales, events and wider marketing activity.You will be responsible for monitoring email campaigns and ensuring our editorial and commercial newsletters are delivered to our target audience with maximum effectiveness and compliant with best practice.
- To manage a broad range of high-volume campaigns across 30 B2B media brands.
- To compile and analyse performance metrics and client demand to schedule and plan sending emails.
- To ensure that QA processes are followed and campaigns are successfully delivered.
- Test different from line, subject line, email content, sending patterns, times, and email HTML combinations for optimal delivery and highest user engagement.
- To perform database cleansing and re-engagement tasks.
- To increase email registrations into the database.
- Manage and maintain the master database to meet the needs of the wider business
- Provide data reports, imports and exports as required
- To follow best practice surrounding developing, HTML / CSS coding, optimising, and delivering email marketing campaigns.
- Troubleshoot HTML email rendering issues.
- Troubleshoot deliverability to various ISPs.
- Integration of EMAP campaign processes into the Metropolis environment.
- Escalation of issues to senior management as necessary and appropriate.
- To adhere to the Company policies including the Anti-Bribery and Corruption policy.
- To carry out any other ad hoc duties as may be required from time to time.
- Achievement of agreed email deliverability targets.
- Experience of working in Digital Marketing.
- Experience in B2B marketing to an international audience.
- Hands on experience with email deployment systems, web-based software and Wordpress CMS.
- Responsive Design knowledge.
- Confident user of HTML, CSS and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Appreciation of cross browser/email compatibility issues.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel user.
Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Displays energy and confidence in dealing with and influencing stakeholders at all levels.
- A positive attitude to getting the job done, with the ability and confidence to productively challenge and critique colleagues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to present and explain management information clearly to a variety of audiences.
- A strong team player.
IT, Administrative and Organisational Skills
- Creative thinker and problem solver.
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills, with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to multi-task, manage and prioritise multiple campaigns and clients, maintaining a key eye for detail in all areas.
- Demonstrates an effective and resourceful approach to addressing issues.
- Keen to suggest new ideas and/or ways of doing things.
Judgement and Analysis
- Sound judgement with the ability to interpret, analyse and disseminate complex, sensitive information.
- Awareness of the importance of Company reputation.
- General organisation awareness with the ability to operate with confidence and credibility across all brands within the Company.
- A desire to develop a career in Digital marketing.
- Being part of a focused and talented digital marketing team.
- Growing and developing a collaborative and positive culture.
- Keen to develop relationships across the business and within the industry.
- Ambition to ultimately advance further within organisation and take on more responsibility.
N.B. The role profile identifies the key responsibilities and competencies required in the role. It is not an exhaustive list of tasks that need to be completed. The Company reserves the right to amend the role profile as the role develops with the business.
Please email your CV and Cover Letter to Laz.firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this job.
Metropolis is a fast growing group with 500 employees in London, Dublin, Bolton, Chester and New York working in business & consumer media, and discount programmes. We work to clearly defined values. We are committed to diversity and opposed to discrimination, and all job applicants will be considered solely on their ability to do the job regardless of gender, disability, race, orientation or age. If you’re driven by work that invites creativity and collaboration, apply to join us now.