Salary: up to £22k p/a + Bonus
EMAP is a B2B content, subscription & networking business. We connect influential people and organisations to a high-value network of decision-makers, data and ideas through our industry-leading portfolio of brands. EMAP’s mission is to engage deeply with our niche industry communities across multiple media, serving our audiences with insightful journalism and great events; providing the information, intelligence and networking opportunities and connections with peers and suppliers that will enable them to successfully develop their interests, businesses and careers.
About the role:
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to support and work with the event managers and
executives on several events including awards, conferences, bespoke events and festivals throughout the year, with specific responsibility for delegate management and customer service.
To be successful within this role you will have experience in an event organisation or are able to demonstrate relevant transferable skills you will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a high level of organisational skills. With the ability to build strong relationships at senior level. you will be resourceful and tenacious
- Run daily reports and send out event confirmations once a booking is received
- From the overall delegate communication plan, create and send out specific delegate
- registration/event information emails
- Capture all delegate special requirements and where necessary, communicate this
- information to the event manager
- Update the P&L with any quotes and expenses as costs are confirmed, ensuring that any
- variance is communicated to the event manger/event executive
- Manage table and delegate revenue and make sure relevant spreadsheets are updated
- ready for weekly trading meetings
- Assist the event manager with printing of lists, badges and any other event collateral that is
- required on the day
- Troubleshoot issues that arise on the day of events ensuring that everything is communicated to the event team in a timely manner
- Post event ensure thank you emails are sent to winners and awards attendees
Please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re committed to EMAP being a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees. They include 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell), health plan and life insurance cover, Cycle 2 Work scheme, discounted gym memberships, retail discount vouchers and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.