Salary: £24k p/a + Bonus
EMAP is a B2B content, subscription & networking business. We connect influential people and organisations to a high-value network of decision-makers, data and ideas through our industry-leading portfolio of brands. Emap's mission is to engage deeply with our niche industry communities across multiple media, serving our audiences with insightful journalism and great events; providing the information, intelligence and networking opportunities and connections with peers and suppliers that will enable them to successfully develop their interests, businesses and careers.
About the role:
EMAP is looking for enthusiastic individuals with relevant events experience to join the construction and engineering/health local government and nursing operations team as an event executive. The successful candidates will be providing operational support to the event manager on a range of events including awards, conferences and festivals.
To be successful within this role you will already have corporate conference and / or awards experience and be able to work autonomously and maintain a Positive attitude; and enthusiasm. A strategic thinker you will be able to Multi-task and take a proactive approach to your work. Results driven you will have exceptional customer focus both internal and externally and results focused, this will be measured through Client satisfaction feedback and re-booking
- Working with the event manager to outline the schedule ensuring tasks are achieved on time by all team and other key stakeholders involved.
- Providing outstanding customer service to all our customers through written and oral communication
- Ensuring costs do not exceed the agreed budget/forecast. Having tight control of the cost base for each project
- Processing finance forms, raising purchase orders, setting up new suppliers as and when required, ensuring invoices are processed on time.
- Organising appropriate digital and print collateral for the event. Working with content, commercial and marketing teams to ensure the event image is 'on brand’ and consistent throughout. Producing copy and proof reading for all events related print items and websites
- Building strong relationships with suppliers, negotiating hard to get the very best value and quality for the available budget
- Supporting the event manager, commercial and content teams.
- Providing other event duties and support within the team as requested by your event or line manager
Please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
We’re committed to Emap being a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees. They include 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell), health plan and life insurance cover, Cycle 2 Work scheme, discounted gym memberships, retail discount vouchers and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.