Emap’s Amber division in East Croydon consists of ten exciting B2B brands and 22 events annually including the Quality Food Awards and the DFNI Frontier Cruise and Ferry Conference. The events portfolio is made up of conferences, awards and roundtables taking place in both the UK and Internationally.
Due to our expanding portfolio, we are seeking an Event Executive to help support the Event Director and team of Event Managers.
Emap Croydon offers brand new offices located right outside of East Croydon station in a friendly and supportive environment.
- Event delivery - taking full/partial responsibility of a series of events from conception to delivery.
- Website management – proof reading and testing the functionality of sites.
- Database management –updating and maintaining lists for mailings, judging databases, inputting table sales, guests lists etc.
- Design and print – booking in design jobs internally, printing onsite materials such as guest lists, name badges and place cards etc.
- Cost management – raising po numbers, chasing invoices, processing judge’s expenses etc.
- Travel and accommodation – booking for the team and event VIPs as and when required.
- Judges and VIPs – managing event and judging invitations
- Judging days – compiling judging materials and assisting/managing judging days
- Event production - collating pictures, profiles and logos from finalists, winners and sponsors for events
- Client management and communication - responding to queries in a timely manner. Creating and sending comms using standardised templates to make sure communication is efficient and consistent. Chasing guest lists, sending invitations etc.
- Entries - managing the entry process from start to finish and being a point of contact for any entrants who have questions or need guidance. Monitor the entry levels and report back to the relevant stakeholders.
- Sponsorship – Creating and sending sponsor packs and monitoring sponsorship fulfilment. Working closely with the Sales Teams to make sure packages are deliverable and costed out correctly.
- Table planning for awards.
- Suppliers – ordering items for events such as trophies.
- Speaker management - collating presentations, bios and pictures. Liaise with them on site and co-ordinating their AV requirements.
- Pre-event – source Health and Safety forms from various suppliers and sponsors, generate a risk assessment for each event.
- Post event – creating feedback surveys, thank you emails to suppliers, show reports.
- Site visits - where applicable a required site visit may be needed to check out a venue/supplier and this may also be the case for sponsors and exhibitors who need familiarisation with a space.
- Proof reading of all materials of communication.
- Other ad hoc tasks and duties that may be required.
- Excellent administration skills, proven experience of working on Awards and/or conferences, preferably in a B2B environment.
- Able to demonstrate 1-2 years events experience.
- Flexibility in working hours leading up to events.
- Willingness to travel abroad for events and judging.
- Advanced on Microsoft office.
- Can perform mail/e-mail merges.
- Experienced at updating online content.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Professional communication skills.
- Ability to build strong working relationships both internally and externally.
- Ability to work under pressure in a busy department.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
Personal Specifications and Competencies:
- Displays energy and confidence in dealing with and influencing stakeholders at all levels.
- A positive attitude to getting the job done, with the ability and confidence to productively challenge and critique colleagues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to present and explain event information clearly to a variety of audiences.
- A strong team player but also has the ability to work independently.
IT, Administrative and Organisational Skills
- Creative thinker and problem solver.
- Sound knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills, with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to multi-task, manage and prioritise multiple events and clients, maintaining a key eye for detail in all areas.
- Demonstrates an effective and resourceful approach to addressing issues.
- Keen to suggest new ideas and/or ways of doing things.
Judgement and Analysis
- Sound judgement with the ability to interpret, analyse and disseminate complex, sensitive information.
- Awareness of the importance of Company reputation.
- General organisation awareness with the ability to operate with confidence and credibility across all brands within the Company.
- A desire to develop a career in Events.
- Being part of a focused and talented events team.
- Growing and developing a collaborative and positive culture.
- Keen to develop relationships across the business and within the industry.
- Ambition to ultimately advance further within organisation and take on more responsibility.
Please email your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com to apply for this job
We’re committed to Emap being a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees. They include 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell), health plan and life insurance cover, Cycle 2 Work scheme, discounted gym memberships, retail discount vouchers and much more!
EMAP is a member of the Metropolis Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.