Salary: up to £24K p/a + Bonus
EMAP is a B2B content, subscription & networking business. We connect influential people and organisations to a high-value network of decision-makers, data and ideas through our industry-leading portfolio of brands. EMAP’s mission is to engage deeply with our niche industry communities across multiple media, serving our audiences with insightful journalism and great events; providing the information, intelligence and networking opportunities and connections with peers and suppliers that will enable them to successfully develop their interests, businesses and careers.
About the role:
EMAP is looking for an enthusiastic individual with relevant events experience to join the construction and engineering/health local government and nursing operations team as an event executive. The successful candidates will be providing operational support to the event manager on a range of events including awards, conferences and festivals.
To be successful within this role you will already have corporate conference and / or awards experience and be able to work autonomously and maintain a Positive attitude; and enthusiasm. A strategic thinker you will be able to Multi-task and take a proactive approach to your work. Results driven you will have exceptional customer focus both internal and externally and results focused, this will be measured through Client satisfaction feedback and re-booking
- Working with the event manager to outline the schedule and drawing up a list of key deadlines and ensuring tasks are achieved on time by all team members, customers, suppliers and other key stakeholders involved
- Providing outstanding customer service to all our customers
- Remaining aware of the current revenue status for an event through effective communication with the relevant commercial team members
- Maintain agreed budgets having thorough knowledge and tight control of the cost base for each project
- Taking care of administrative tasks associated with events, such as completing and processing finance forms, raising purchase orders, setting up new suppliers as and when required, ensuring invoices are processed on time and reconciled, processing reimbursements for speaker, managing events P&Ls, booking travel etc
- Building strong relationships with suppliers, such as venues or external A/V suppliers, and negotiating hard to get the very best value and quality for the available budget
- Supporting the event manager, commercial and content teams with acquiring speakers/presenters for events.
- Managing the entire events delivery process from contract stage to post event follow up and deliver projects on time and on budget
- Sourcing suitable venues and briefing them thoroughly. Employing third party caterers and A/V suppliers when necessary
- Developing sustained and independent relationships with customers and managing their requirements and expectations through the event/project management process
Please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re committed to EMAP being a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees. They include 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell), health plan and life insurance cover, Cycle 2 Work scheme, discounted gym memberships, retail discount vouchers and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.