EMAP is a fast-growing content, subscription and events business.
We exist to provide customers with world class content and connections, empowering their businesses to be the best informed, best connected, and most productive. Our products enable focus, growth and value through our industry-leading portfolio of brands including Drapers, The Architects’ Journal, Nursing Times, and Construction News.
You will be selling some of the most prestigious awards events in some of the most recognisable brands in their industries. Working as part of a collaborative team to drive business forward, you will have a thriving motivation to be better than those around you, demonstrating your strong sales skills to convert new opportunities as well as maximising every existing relationship we have with the biggest players in the industry. Your key goal is to take full ownership of each campaign, becoming the first point of call allowing you to build long lasting relationships with clients who already know our exemplary standards of service. The usual sales buzzwords of ‘resilience, driven & successful’ are all relevant here but what separates us from the pack is the opportunity for you to be at the forefront of an organisation notorious for career growth and development.
- To maintain a minimum of 90 minutes of daily telephone contact with your accounts and build excellent working relationships to drive revenue
- To maintain a robust and ambitious sales plan and ensure maximum delivery against sales targets for entire portfolio
- To lead trading updates with your line manager and key stakeholders weekly and always have 100% accuracy of event numbers and pipelines
- To raise and maintain brand profile and become the recognised face of your portfolio, internally and externally
- To closely monitor competitor activity and understand the market forces influencing your sector
- To be an example to the team and set the standard with regards to KPI’s, target performance and behaviours
- Proven and successful track record of a consultative new business approach
- Minimum one year’s sales experience
- Events sales experience preferred, but not essential
- Preferably degree educated
- You will be professional, entrepreneurial, organised and will have strong commercial awareness
- As the face of your brand, you must be punctual and well presented
- Must have excellent communication skills and world class time management
- Must have a high level of emotional intelligence with a commitment to development and success
- Must be proficient with general computer use including Microsoft Office tools
- Preferably an experienced CRM user
- Previous experience with a structured sales training method, such as DIPIDA, is preferred
Please email your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this job.
We’re committed to Emap being a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees. They include 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell), health plan and life insurance cover, Cycle 2 Work scheme, discounted gym memberships, retail discount vouchers and much more!
EMAP is a member of the Metropolis Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.