Grossing over 45,000 readers, 76% of which are manager and above, property week is the leading title in the uk commercial and residential property market
Property Week offers national and regional property coverage, including the latest breaking news, analysis, data and opinion for professionals to help them stay up-to-date. As a subscriber, you will also receive all the latest property news and research from the industrial and logistics sector on propertyweek.com – plus our exclusive Sheds supplement.
Subscribe to Property Week today to get an insider’s grasp of what makes the industrial and logistics marketplace tick.
Reporting to the Event Manager, the Event Coordinator will initially join the team to support on all major events across PW, EW and AV (to include conferences, exhibitions and awards dinners), whilst managing the smaller sized events (to include roundtables, judging days, shortlist parties and training days). There will then be the opportunity for the individual to develop into a more active role in independently managing aspects of those larger events, and potentially taking on whole projects. The above will all come under the regular guidance of the Event Manager.
You will be working directly with both internal teams (such as Marketing, Sales and Editorial) and external suppliers (such as venues, production companies and caterers). You will also be in regular contact with key event stakeholders (such as delegates, sponsors, speakers and judges).
This is a great role for an Event Coordinator with some relevant experience to actively develop their skills and gradually take on more event management responsibility. We are looking for someone friendly and sociable, who can fit into a fast paced, closely working team who confidently deliver industry leading events.
Initially, the role will be to provide support where needed to the Event Managers across all events – both in the lead up and on site. This is to include:
- Maintaining of key event documents such as sponsorship deliverables, speaker lists, guest lists and scripts
- Compiling and organising awards entries ready for shortlisting and judging
- Following up with all event stakeholders to make sure their deadlines are met in supplying us with the relevant information
- Processing and documenting of event invoices in a timely manner
- Printing of all event collateral, such as place cards, name badges and logistics packs
- Support on building the event websites and online entry/judging platforms
- Helping the Event Manager on site wherever needed – may include event set up, crowd control, registration and rehearsals.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for running the smaller sized events across the brands, to include:
- Full organisation of the AV Magazine roundtables and Electronics Weekly training days (4 or 5 events a year in total). This will include liaising with the venue on all aspects, providing necessary admin and being the primary point of contact on site.
- Full organisation of the shortlist parties for all awards (4 or 5 events a year in total). This will include sending out invitations, collating responses, delivering on sponsored collateral, liaising with the venue/caterers and running the event on site
- On-site management of all judging days (4 or 5 events a year in total), having worked closely with the Event Manager on the initial organisation
Following a successful start, we will look to evolve the role to include the full management of some projects, under regular guidance from the Event Manager.
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in a similar role
- Education to a degree level or equivalent
- Strong planning and coordination skills
- Excellent time management, multitasking and personal organisation skills
- Confident and clear communication style, both in person and over email
- Good negotiation skills
- Capable and comfortable on all modern IT systems
- Experience working within a fast paced team
- Committed and flexible with working hours
- Great initiative, self-motivation and problem solving skills
- A desire to develop a career in events management and a natural passion for the industry
We’re committed to EMAP being a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees. They include 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell), health plan and life insurance cover, Cycle 2 Work scheme, discounted gym memberships, retail discount vouchers and much more!
If that sounds like you, please send your CV, salary expectations and a note about how your talent matches the task to firstname.lastname@example.org
EMAP is a member of the Metropolis Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.