- EMAP is a progressive content, subscription & networking business. We connect influential people and organisations to a high-value network of decision-makers, data and ideas through our industry-leading portfolio of brands.
- Our unrivalled relationships with key decision makers give our customers essential access, insight and recognition. We deliver this professional advantage through award winning digital content, live events, intelligence services and learning tools.
- As Head of Sales on the Construction, Engineering, Nursing and Local Government events, you will manage a commercial telesales team to drive revenue growth of award entries, tables, and conference delegates across a portfolio of 20 world class events from Construction News, Ground Engineering, New Civil Engineer, Local Government Chronicle, and Nursing Times. You will have five direct reports and four indirect reports who are managed by your Team Leader. This role is 70% managing, 30% selling on a £3M+ portfolio.
- You will work closely with the Managing Director, Group Event Director, and Head of Marketing to develop and build on existing key client strategies, establish new commercial opportunities, and drive revenue.
- Set and maintain an ambitious sales plan, ensuring maximum delivery against sales targets for the entire portfolio
- Lead a team of five direct reports and four indirect reports who are managed by your Team Leader.
- Motivate and coach the sales team to achieve the best results possible through weekly coaching sessions
- Hold sales team accountable against targets, best practice of pipeline management on Salesforce, EMAP behaviours, and activity KPIs
- Develop a full understanding of the value and opportunities within the market, work with the Managing Director and Group Event Director to set and deliver sales targets and establish market opportunities
- Prepare sales strategies for NPD as appropriate and implement these to drive market share
- Raise and maintain brand profile and become the recognised face of your portfolio, internally and externally
- Previous experience successfully coaching, training, and leading sales teams
- Proven track record of achieving targets and driving sales growth in a media or events business
- Strong leadership skills and an ability to inspire others
- Degree educated
Skills & Competencies:
- Highly analytical and commercially minded
- A team player who is ready to roll up their sleeves when necessary
- As the face of your portfolio, you must always be punctual, professional and well presented
- Excellent communication skills and world class time management
- A high level of emotional intelligence with a commitment to development and success
- A rigorous sales process and strong sales pipeline management, using CRM tools (Salesforce experience is an advantage)
- High Energy
- High Personal Integrity
- Great Communicator
- Team Player
Please email you CV and Cover Letter to Melissa.Irving@Emap.com to apply for this job