EMAP is a B2B content, subscription & networking business. We connect influential people and organisations to a high-value network of decision-makers, data and ideas through our industry-leading portfolio of brands. Emap's mission is to engage deeply with our niche industry communities across multiple media, serving our audiences with insightful journalism and great events; providing the information, intelligence and networking opportunities and connections with peers and suppliers that will enable them to successfully develop their interests, businesses and careers.
About the role:
Overall operational management and delivery for all events within the portfolio including Awards, Conferences, Round Tables and Festivals. Ensure standards are kept exceptionally high across all areas of delivery, whilst maintaining efficiency and cost effectiveness. The Head of events will review suppliers, processes and procedures; put processes in place to create a robust framework to deliver a world-class customer experience pre, during and post an event. Managing a team of ten people and delivery processes, ensuring the team and processes are working effectively across all aspects of events and maintaining excellence.
The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal, organisational and project management skills. with a good commercial awareness, you will lead coach and motivate your team of 10 direct reports.You will also contribute at a senior management level and willing and able to work flexible hours, as needed. With a strong attention to detail you will possess good problem-solving skills and thrive under pressure.
- Creation & ownership of operations budgets and folders for all events in the portfolio, ensuring they are updated regularly and accurately.
- Lead, direct and manage the teams to deliver excellent logistics and customer service in line with EMAP and the individual events’ strategic objectives and deliver within budget.
- Develop a strategy to enhance the end to end customer (delegate, sponsor, and award guests’) journey experience.
- Producing a high quality, high value customer experience pre, during and post the events.
- Ensure services delivered by suppliers are all delivered to the highest standard to provide an excellent user experience.
- Recruit, develop and maintain quality staff - and drive high performance
- Drive a high-performance environment and measure world class service through SLAs and targeted objectives.
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation across all events, e.g. Health & Safety/insurance
- Lead on 10 annual award programmes, driving the strategy for growth through product development
- P&L responsibility and end-to-end project management
- Forge and maintain effective stakeholder relationships both internally and externally to ensure success and meet targets.
Please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re committed to Emap being a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees. They include 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell), health plan and life insurance cover, Cycle 2 Work scheme, discounted gym memberships, retail discount vouchers and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.