WHAT IS NEW CIVIL ENGINEER
New Civil Engineer offers insight, inspiration and education to a 90,000-strong network of global infrastructure professionals. We are now looking for a skilled writer to join our award-winning team help drive our knowledge-sharing content
Fundamentally New Civil Engineer exists to enable infrastructure professionals to better themselves and the companies they work for so that they are equipped to deliver the infrastructure that is needed by their clients and by society at large.
We do that by ensuring they have access to the latest information on technical innovation, technology advances, global opportunities, skills’ needs and business change initiatives aimed at boosting productivity in the industry.
The audience is 90,000 infrastructure professionals who are typically working for infrastructure clients, designers and deliverers around the world. Our print audience is 48,000 with the rest able to access our content digitally.
We are seeking someone with a talent for writing precise, accurate copy that can be used by professional engineers to enhance their careers. The role will involve working closely with industry partners to ensure that content is useful, actionable and of clear interest to our readers. This is a dual role and alongside these duties, the role will also encompass some news desk reporting.
- Contribute to the day-to-day running of the news desk by writing news stories and longer news insight pieces, building contacts and sourcing stories.
- Research and write quarterly Insight reports providing research-based insight into the impact of key industry change initiatives such as action on skills and digital transformation of the industry; conducting research, sourcing interviews and writing copy. Sourcing images and liaising with client on edits and proofs. Produce digital longform version and executive summary for print edition
- Research and write occasional digital white papers, providing background and summaries of key industry topics, carrying out research, writing & editing copy and liaising with client over proofs
- Write and produce content to promote and showcase New Civil Engineer’s annual conference programme: Airports conference, UK Transport, Festival of Innovation and Technology (TechFest), Tunnelling Festival
- Write and produce content to promote and showcase New Civil Engineer’s annual awards programme: NCE100 Companies of the Year, British Construction Industry Awards, TechFest Awards, Tunnelling Awards, Graduate of the Year Awards.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for an accomplished writer who is looking to build on those skills and develop them into an editing and client-facing role. We are looking for researcher and writer, but someone who is equally keen to act as a ambassador for the brand and work with clients in delivering high quality, technically-accurate, useful and actionable content that helps civil engineers with their careers and helps our clients build their brand.
You would be joining our multi-award winning editorial team of 10 and be based in our main office in Shoreditch, London.
EMAP is a member of the Metropolis Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.