Daltonsbusiness.com is the UK’s largest and most popular businesses for sale portal.
Our objective is to be the place where all business buyers can find details of all small to medium sized businesses and franchises for sale. Our website and mobile platform provide an easy to use but sophisticated online business for sale search.
Commercial agents sometimes referred to as business transfer agents, as well as business owners directly, list thousands of businesses for sale providing business buyers with the most complete online source of both businesses and franchises for sale in the UK.
More than 30,000 businesses and 200 franchise opportunities are listed on Daltons Business. Typically over 100,000 business buyers visit the website every week and we generate an average of 29,600 buyer enquiries to business and franchise sellers every month.
The Daltons brand is firmly established and respected as the UK’s number one media for connecting buyer and sellers of businesses and franchises. Each year Daltons Business helps 1000’s of business owners sell their business.
Daltonsbusiness is the UK’s largest Business for Sale Marketplace.
Established for over 150 years Daltonsbusiness are the market leaders in UK Business and Franchise sales, attracting nearly ½ million monthly unique visitors and helping thousands of people to recognise their dreams of working for themselves.
We have an exciting opportunity for a hard-working and keen sales person to join this acclaimed industry leader to help maintain their position as Number 1 in their market. A real go-getter you will be responsible for actively pursuing new clients and winning new business.
For the right candidate the role is potentially a springboard to a career in Account Management, working for one of the UK’s fastest growing and progressive B2B publishers.
Key aims of the role will be to:
- Pro-actively source new business leads
- Follow up on new enquiries
- Support colleagues in the sales team on an ongoing basis
- Grow a portfolio of clients
- Represent the company alongside colleagues at trade exhibitions
- Contribute to sales strategy & marketing
This role is primarily telesales office-based with occasional attendance at events and exhibitions as required.
Key responsibilities include:
- Selling and developing relationships over the phone;
- Canvassing potential new advertisers;
- Sourcing sales leads from competitor magazines, online, show exhibitors and lapsed advertisers;
- reporting sales figures on a daily basis;
- working to personal and team targets;
- representing Daltonsbusiness.com at exhibitions and conferences, arranging meetings at shows with existing and potential accounts;
- writing proposals for potential clients;
- liaising with clients and internal designers to ensure artwork is delivered to the correct specification and by specified deadlines.
Key Results Areas:
- 25 effective telephone calls per day
Competencies and Personal Specifications:
For this role, the ideal candidate should:
- have demonstrable experience of exceeding sales targets;
- have a track record of building robust relationships with clients;
- have a professional and collaborative attitude and excellent telephone presentation skills;
- be willing and able to attend occasional external meetings and trade shows;
- be confident, enthusiastic and charismatic on the phone;
- enjoy speaking to people and building strong working relationships with them;
- have strong written and oral communication skills;
- have excellent negotiation skills;
- be organized and have good time-management skills;
- have attention to detail and an ability to work under pressure.
Please email your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this job
We’re committed to Emap being a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees. They include 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell), health plan and life insurance cover, Cycle 2 Work scheme, discounted gym memberships, retail discount vouchers and much more!
EMAP is a member of the Metropolis Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.