Job Title: Multimedia Assistant - Junior Video Producer
Salary: This is an entry level position, the salary will reflect this
Department: Metropolis Business Media
Location: East Croydon
Reports to: Multimedia Producer
Working Hours: Permanent, Full-Time
Based in Croydon, Metropolis Business Media is the largest division in the Metropolis International Group, with 240 staff and 23 brands. Metropolis is committed to business media, and continues to grow the division, both by acquisition and organically – including through digital technology.
We are looking for an enthusiastic confident and dynamic person to join our tight knit, supportive and creative multimedia team. We shoot video and occasional stills for a diverse range of B2B and B2C brands. Its varied and tough work. You will be working hard with regular long and antisocial hours which includes a lot of domestic and overseas jobs. You will be on the fast track. You will learn lots and will be part of a very well liked and respected team.
- We are looking for somebody who must be an excellent, diplomatic communicator. Meeting everyone in the business. We are really passionate about getting the best performance out of everybody we interact with.
- You will have an eye for strong composition and have a good understanding of editing in Final Cut X and Photoshop. If you have After Effects skills that is an added bonus.
- You will be accurate, creative and healthily obsessive about creating the best possible edit, which can often be on deadline.
- Time keeping is paramount to us and planning multiple assignments, prioritising time and organisation is vital. Shoot logistics, managing our digital assets and keeping an organised workflow is as vital as shooting the job.
- We hump a lot of kit so you will need some fitness and stamina. A clean driving licence is as important as is your willingness to solve problems and generally muck in and help out with whatever challenges the assignment brings whilst ensuring your own and others safety.
- We shoot on Sony NX’s and Nikon still kit. You can see from our videos what we do: https://bit.ly/2MprMFV
- You will learn how to use the cameras with your eyes closed as well as lighting, sound capture and post. Studio set ups, green screen, autocue, directing, interviewing. The list goes on. There is also the occasional need to jump in front of the camera and do some presenting.
- You will start out assisting our 3 full time shooters on jobs, 2nd camera operating and B-roll shooting as well as editing their work. As your skills develop, you will move into lead shooter and single shooter. This is a fantastic opportunity to join our fun and growing team. If you want to develop into a first class video journalist with skills in still photography and you think you have that special something, we would love to hear from you.
- The role involves frequent travel to UK and overseas destinations. Frequent attendance of industry events means occasional late nights and early starts (additional hours are compensated by an allowance and/or time off).
You need to be:
- A great communicator. Enthusiastic, calm under pressure, confident, dynamic and willing to learn
- Able to demonstrate a good knowledge of video camera operation, lighting, composition and audio capture
- Live, mission critical problem solving skills
- Able to demonstrate a good knowledge of Final Cut and photoshop
- Some video and SLR camera experience
- Be able to travel both nationally and internationally and work regular unsocial hours
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multitask
- Organised and accurate
- Physically able to hump kit
- Driving licence
- Assisting the two existing shooters to edit.
- Assisting on shoots as runner, 2nd camera operator developing into lead and solo shooter.
- Day to day running of desk admin.
- Studio bookings, asset management kit checks etc. being creative and staying abreast of new techniques and methods.
Please email your CV and Cover Letter to David Berman on email@example.com to apply for this job
We’re committed to Emap being a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees. They include 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell), health plan and life insurance cover, Cycle 2 Work scheme, discounted gym memberships, retail discount vouchers and much more!
EMAP is a member of the Metropolis Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.