Trading as EMAP for its B2B division, Metropolis International is a fast-growing business, structured in three divisions – consumer media, business media and discount and loyalty. It has print magazine, digital and face-to-face activities in the business media division, magazines and basic websites in consumer, and the Smart save discount and loyalty business. Metropolis is actively looking at acquiring more media businesses. It employs approaching 500 people in offices in West London, Croydon, Shoreditch, Lancashire, Cheshire, Devon and Dublin.
This role is responsible for the news desk of Money Marketing including managing all content (created digital first and delivered platform neutral), deadlines, word counts and people management of reporters.
- Contribute commercially and effectively to the content strategy of the brand
- Attend industry events as a representative of Money Marketing and the wider Financial Services portfolio
- Generate story ideas via an extensive network and encourage and motivate the team to do likewise
- Generate the right content at the right time commercially for the right products
- Choose the placement of stories in print and online and allocate word counts and deadlines to the reporters
- Check stories for accuracy of content (e.g. facts, figures, people) and any potential legal or risk issues
- Ensure articles are written in the house style
- Source contributors and chase for timely content
- Edit contributor articles
- Establish and maintain good communication with the team and wider departments ensuring smooth workflow is achieved to deadline
- Ensure journalists balance their time between the office and out with contacts
- Encourage journalists to get exclusives and build and maintain strong relationships with contacts
- Motivate team to submit to deadline to ensure publishing deadlines are met
- Recruit and train new journalists and develop team as required
- Organise the roster of early shifts for the reporters
- Effectively manage and resolve complaints from contacts/PR firms
- Exemplary journalism skills both in producing valuable and insightful written content and editing own work and that of others
- Inherent sense of what constitutes good news
- Proven track record of working in a high volume business with tight deadlines
- Ability to work effectively across all media platforms
- Thorough technical and commercial knowledge of the financial market including having and maintaining a strong contacts book
- In-depth knowledge of print publication production process as well as online data posting and management
We’re committed to EMAP being a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees. They include 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell), health plan and life insurance cover, Cycle 2 Work scheme, discounted gym memberships, retail discount vouchers and much more!
If that sounds like you, please send your CV, salary expectations and a note about how your talent matches the task to Justin.Cash@moneymarketing.co.uk
EMAP is a member of the Metropolis Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.