Construction News is dedicated to providing essential business information and intelligence to win work and compete effectively in an increasingly complex construction sector. It is widely recognised as the brand trusted by leading contractors to help them shape the future of the industry.
With a premier reputation based on accurate news reporting, market analysis and expert commentary, Constructions News engages an influential group of senior decision-makers drawn from both core contractors and major suppliers in the construction industry.
Relied upon by thousands of construction professionals, Construction News is a unique brand offering unparalleled opportunity across multiple platforms spanning print, web, mobile, social media, awards and bespoke events.
EMAP is a fast-growing content, subscription and events business. We exist to provide customers with world class content and connections, empowering their businesses to be the best informed, best connected, and most productive. Our products enable focus, growth and value through our industry-leading portfolio of brands including Drapers, The Architects’ Journal, Nursing Times, and Construction News.
As an Online Reporter, you will research and write news stories and interviews of value to Construction News’ target audience of senior and ambitious construction contractors. Working to develop CN’s video and social media strategy, by developing bespoke video content and maintaining social media channels. Working on added value content, by taking stories each day and contributing explainers, briefings, or takeaways for readers. To build relationships with the key individuals and organisations within a specific set of beats and use those relationships to grow expertise, provide the basis for content online and in print and contribute to the growth of Construction News events. To be part of a team that is passionate about quality journalism, which strengthens Construction News’ position as the leading title for the construction industry. Job will include occasional travel and CN employees are expected to meet contacts and spend time outside the office getting to know the industry and key people/ projects.
- Building and maintaining contacts across your beats
- Pitching news stories, analyses, investigations, interviews and features
- Producing daily ‘digital-first’ content, with an emphasis on video and social media
- Contributing to editorial team initiatives, e.g. campaigns, events
- Pitching, recording and promoting video and audio content
- Contribute to the growth in subscriptions and people using the website.
- A journalism qualification and some examples of published work are preferred
- Shorthand is preferred
- Enthusiastic, passionate, organised, with an ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines; ability to make contacts and build solid relationships with key people in the industry.
- Strong ‘news sense’ and passionate interest in current affairs and digital journalism.
- Autonomous worker, but one who can work in a team and take direction as well as on their own initiative.
- Must be able to think on their feet, be an excellent communicator and be conscious of positively representing Construction News at all times both internally within EMAP and externally.
- Must be ambitious and hungry to learn and develop.
Please email your CV and Cover Letter to Zak.GP@emap.com to apply for this job