Construction News is dedicated to providing essential business information and intelligence to win work and compete effectively in an increasingly complex construction sector. It is widely recognised as the brand trusted by leading contractors to help them shape the future of the industry.
With a premier reputation based on accurate news reporting, market analysis and expert commentary, Constructions News engages an influential group of senior decision-makers drawn from both core contractors and major suppliers in the construction industry.
Relied upon by thousands of construction professionals, Construction News is a unique brand offering unparalleled opportunity across multiple platforms spanning print, web, mobile, social media, awards and bespoke events.
CN is the digital-first, B2B leader for the £100bn+ construction industry, concerned with the planning and building of major social and economic infrastructure.
Our production and engagement editor will oversee the production of our daily digital and weekly print content. This includes subediting, fact-checking, working on design in digital and print, and managing our website and newsletters.
The successful candidate will set the tone for how CN looks and feels as the UK’s leading, trusted source of construction industry intelligence.
Your primary role is to set the highest standards for the accuracy and quality of our content, working with the head of content to ensure CN is thought-provoking, intelligent and fair above all else.
You will work with reporters on improving their copy, assist the editor with CN’s content strategy (including making changes to print and digital layout and tracking audience engagement), and suggest innovative ways for CN to keep improving how it presents longer-form analysis and data-led journalism.
Most importantly, you will be enthusiastic to work with an ambitious team which wants to continue to improve and challenge an industry worth more than £100bn annually to the economy.
- Overseeing daily digital content and leading newsletter strategy
- Leading subediting of copy and maintaining house style
- Coming up with new and outstanding design layout for print and online
- May involve line-management
- Using social media, infographics and data tools to promote CN content
- Measuring and recommending ways to improve audience engagement, particularly for digital strategy
- Candidate must have a journalism qualification and some management experience
- A portfolio of design / layout work
- Knowledge of using a CMS and digital tools such as Google Analytics
- Knowledge of InDesign and Photoshop
- Experience on a business title is not required, but would be a bonus
- This role suits someone who is obsessed with fact-checking and content improvement and who wants to work on the leading business title in its sector.
- The production and engagement editor is involved in making decisions on CN’s long-term strategy around content, campaigns and events.
- Must be enthusiastic, passionate, organised, with an ability to work under pressure with daily digital and weekly print deadlines.
- Strong news sense and a passionate interest in current affairs and digital journalism.
- Trustworthy, collaborative, competitive and ambitious.
- Constantly wanting to improve and lead production of original, compelling and brave content that makes a difference to our readers.
- Must want to help and develop staff with writing, layout and personal skills.
Please email your CV and Cover Letter to Tom.Fitzpatrick@Emap.com to apply for this job
We’re committed to Emap being a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees. They include 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell), health plan and life insurance cover, Cycle 2 Work scheme, discounted gym memberships, retail discount vouchers and much more!
EMAP is a member of the Metropolis Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.