EMAP is looking for an experienced event production professional with a minimum two to three years’ event production experience to join the World Architecture Festival and Architects’ Journal as Programme Manager.
The World Architecture Festival is the largest annual global gathering of architects; it runs the world’s biggest live design awards programme and sets agendas about the future of the built environment.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of producing event content, including features and fringe event development, preferably with a knowledge of architecture
- Possess or be able to quickly gain a high-level understanding of the architectural market, identify the key names, most pressing issues and find the commercial angle.
- Ability to write effective copy for promotional materials and website that generates enquiries and bookings.
- Excellent project management skills.
- The ability to manage and communicate with multiple stakeholders to complete project deliverables on time and within budget.
Reporting to the Group Event Director and working with other key internal stakeholders, the Programme Manager will be responsible for project managing and driving high level content for events within the portfolio, inviting and managing the speaker acquisition for the World Architecture Festival and AJ Summit and other events in the architecture portfolio including new launches, to the realisation and fulfilment of the event.
- Develop the content strategy working alongside the Editor, Programme Director and/or Festival Curator.
- Speaker, Judges and Jury acquisition, communication and management in consultation with the Editor and/or Programme Director.
- Research and development of any fringe content and features to deliver high value sponsorship and additional revenue and managing fringe partner relationships.
- Writing and proofing copy and content for marketing and collateral.
- Managing and driving the schedule to ensure deadlines are met and communicated internally.
- Preparing the speaker and judges briefings, judging schedules and communications.
- Invite and confirm high-level speakers that the industry wants to hear from.
- Managing the content, speakers, judges and fringe programme and schedule onsite and briefing Judges, speakers and staff involved.
- Conduct detailed research by phone and in person with key industry figures to determine the validity of topics, key themes, format, speakers, competitor landscape, timing, price point and location.
- Establish growth areas for existing events or new events
- Develop session formats appropriate to demands of the delegate audience
- Project manage all aspects and ensure the production of high quality, industry leading commercially viable events to deadline.
- Manage the project team to ensure they perform to maximum potential by inspiring them, motivating them and holding them to account on key deadlines
- Work closely with, influence and get buy-in from the relevant in-house editorial and sales teams to ensure the production of relevant content and to leverage existing contacts and relationships in the industry.
- Write comprehensive topic briefing documents which contain essential information about the key industry issues, market and event to brief all internal stakeholders (SPEX, delegate sales, marketing, logistics and editorial).
- Work with the event marketer to create a robust, clearly defined marketing, data and content brief that enables you to produce a powerful marketing, content and data plan that delivers the agreed outcome.
- Create promotionally-led marketing copy for emails, website and brochures that is in the tone and language of the market and which generates enquiries and bookings.
- Project-manage the involvement of internal stakeholders to ensure the event meets deadlines and revenue targets.
- Sponsorship – develop value propositions and assist with proposal writing where required, identify key sponsors and make initial contact from a research perspective, attend all sponsor meetings and work with sponsors on their involvement in the event
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Minimum 2-3 years event experience
- Content production experience within large scale events
- Budget management experience
- Experience in event project management
Must be familiar with general computer use including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Organised & pays attention to detail.
- Research & analysis skills
- Good copywriting and communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Experienced communicator who excels at stakeholder management
- Excellent multitasking skills
- Advanced numeracy skills
- Seeks out and utilises customer insight
- Advanced negotiation, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Good leadership and project management skills
- Teamwork and partnership
- Innovative and creative
- Demonstrates integrity, leadership and respect for a diversity of opinions and styles, and is not afraid of accountability and responsibility
- Comfortable with and an advocate for ongoing change
- Customer focussed
- Organised, tenacious and committed
- Deadline-driven and results orientated
- Can think ‘outside the box’
- Creative and curious
- Trusted and well respected by their peers
- Flexible and helpful
- Self-motivated, self-sufficient and accountable
- Engaging, empathetic with an ability to challenge at senior levels
- Personal credibility/gravitas to command respect from the team/wider business and clients alike
- Positive and enthusiastic and engenders this in others
- Adapts well to and able to influence change – future focussed
- Remains calm and professional under pressure
Please email your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com to apply for this job
We’re committed to Emap being a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees. They include 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell), health plan and life insurance cover, Cycle 2 Work scheme, discounted gym memberships, retail discount vouchers and much more!
EMAP is a member of the Metropolis Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.