The candidate should have extensive project management experience in both Waterfall and Agile practices. The candidate should also have experience in developing and implementing “best practices” in relation to project management.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
The role is to manage key projects for Metropolis/EMAP and to implement structured project processes, policies and procedures.
- Maintain the project portfolio for Metropolis/EMAP, maintaining the list of current, planned and completed projects and maintaining a high-level summary for management.
- Provide comprehensive project management for key business IT projects, including but not limited to: CRM, subscription management, events platforms and compliance (e.g. PCI/DSS/GDPR).
- Develop and maintain project plans working with key stakeholders to ensure they reflect business requirements.
- Work with business analyst resources (or provide analysis otherwise where required) to inform project requirements.
- Manage project budgets, raising purchase orders as required.
- Lead any RFI/RFP processes including identifying and liaising with current and potential suppliers.
- Manage all internal and external stakeholders, providing relevant and timely information.
- Matrix management of project resources.
- Organise regular project meetings, including prior distribution of agendas and recording of minutes.
- Manage all risks and issues for key projects with appropriate mitigations, escalating where tolerances are likely to be exceeded to project boards / CTO.
- Assist with move from project phase into BAU, including ensuring appropriate support arrangements are in place.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with key suppliers ensuring any concerns are addressed.
- Develop processes, policies and procedures to standardise project management across the organisation.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills, with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Familiar with Atlassian tools, including Confluence and JIRA.
- Experienced change manager, adept at removing roadblocks and gaining buy-in.
- General understanding of topics including: Master Data Management, API’s, single view of the customer, GDPR and Cloud technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to present and explain information clearly to a variety of audiences.
- Resourceful and purposeful, with initiative, drive and a strong desire to deliver exceptional results.
- A team player both internally and externally.
- Sound judgement with the ability to interpret, analyse and disseminate complex, sensitive information.
- A strong understanding of business and organisational risk and the ability to analyse situations and apply judgement on decisions.
- Good commercial awareness, with a willingness to find lower cost solutions to save money wherever appropriate.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills.
- Ability to communicate and form working relationships with colleagues at all levels.
- Ability to build and manage relationships with high level stakeholders.
- Excellent organisational skills, quick thinker, problem solver and able to work calmly under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Customer-orientated mindset.
- Experience managing projects in a complex environment.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering enterprise projects on time, to budget and to scope.
- Good knowledge and experience of running both agile and waterfall projects (ideally backed up with a qualification such as Scrum Master or Prince2).
- Publishing or media experience desirable but not essential
Please email your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this job
We’re committed to Emap being a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees. They include 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell), health plan and life insurance cover, Cycle 2 Work scheme, discounted gym memberships, retail discount vouchers and much more!
EMAP is a member of the Metropolis Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.