Salary: Competitive + Bonus
Metropolis Group is a fast-growing group, established in 1994. We specialise in business & consumer media and discount programmes. We employ over 550 people and have offices in West London, Croydon, Shoreditch, Bolton, Dublin, and Chester. Our brands consist of EMAP, Smartsave and Diamond Publishing Ltd.
Our Mission in media is to engage deeply with our niche industry communities across multiple platforms, serving our audiences with insightful journalism, great events, and the information, intelligence and networking connections with peers and suppliers to enable them to successfully develop their businesses and careers.
We are looking for a talented project manager to support pour Technology department. The successful candidate will be resourceful with initiative, and a strong drive to deliver exceptional results. A team player you will have a Sound judgement with the ability to interpret, analyse and disseminate complex, sensitive information. With good commercial awareness, you will possess strong influencing and negotiating skills effectively communicate and form working relationships with colleagues at all levels. knowledge and experience of running both agile and waterfall projects (ideally backed up with a qualification such as Scrum Master or Prince2 is highly advantageous. Publishing or media experience is desirable but not essential.
About the Role:
Within this role the project manager will manage key projects for Metropolis/EMAP and to implement structured project processes, policies and procedures.
The successful candidate will have extensive project management experience in both Waterfall and Agile practices. As well as experience in developing and implementing “best practices” in relation to project management.
- Maintain the project portfolio for Metropolis/EMAP, maintaining the list of current, planned and completed projects and maintaining a high-level summary for management.
- Provide comprehensive project management for key business IT projects, including but not limited to: CRM, subscription management, events platforms and compliance (e.g. PCI/DSS/GDPR).
- Manage project budgets, raising purchase orders as required.
- Lead any RFI/RFP processes including identifying and liaising with current and potential suppliers.
- Manage all internal and external stakeholders, providing relevant and timely information.
- Matrix management of project resources.
- Manage all risks and issues for key projects with appropriate mitigations, escalating where tolerances are likely to be exceeded to project boards / CTO.
Please send your CV and a covering letter including your notice period and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re committed to Metropolis international Group being a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees. They include 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell), health plan and life insurance cover, Cycle 2 Work scheme, discounted gym memberships, retail discount vouchers and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.