This new role will be responsible for managing the Company’s recruitment function, consolidating the online presence of the company, enhancing and reinforcing the Employer Brand and creating a direct hire approach in order to reduce overall recruitment spend. The role will support hiring managers across the business to ensure best practice across selection and recruitment activity.
This is a role driven to inspire and influence future talent to join the Metropolis Group, using an approach which is both creative, inspiring and cost-effective. It is a consultative position that requires a high level of internal and external customer service and a strong understanding as to the needs of the hiring managers and prospective future employees. This opportunity is strongly focused on developing a professional, effective and cost-efficient recruitment process, helping to make the Metropolis Group a stand-out employer in the job market.
The right candidate should be driven, pro-active, organised, enthusiastic and hardworking with proven experience of delivering cost effective and professional recruitment campaigns in a fast-paced commercial environment.
- Review the recruitment process for all levels and functions within the organisation.
- Review the strategy for recruiting via social media and consolidate our existing online presence.
- Develop and promote our Employer Brand.
- Survey recent recruits to help diagnose the appropriate focus for added value and process improvement.
- Enhance the user experience and content of the Metropolis/EMAP Careers web pages.
- Ensure a comprehensive, fair and robust selection process is adopted across the organisation
- Take full ownership of the vacancy approval process
- For all vacancies, use LinkedIn Recruiter Tool to search and reach out to prospective candidates, promoting our vacancies and encouraging suitable candidates to apply for our roles, advocating for the Metropolis Group and our brands.
- Procure various cost-efficient advertising media, such as our websites, specialist and general job boards, and our internal refer-a-friend scheme to produce high quality candidate pools.
- Promote internal applications and redeployment opportunities.
- Manage and continually review recruitment agency relationships and the Preferred Suppliers List (PSL).
- Lead agency briefings for key roles/challenging vacancies.
- Collaborate with hiring managers on their active vacancies (depth of support to be determined).
- Assist hiring managers with screening & interviewing candidates.
- Provide training/coaching to hiring managers on our recruitment processes and interviewing skills.
- Provide recruitment selection metrics and report to the Group HR Manager on a weekly basis.
- Work collaboratively with the Senior HR Advisers to understand the business and its resourcing needs
- Manage speculative applications in a professional way that maintains the reputation of the organisation and builds a talent pipeline
- To adhere to Company policies including the Anti-Bribery and Corruption policy.
- To carry out any other ad hoc duties as may be required from time to time.
- Development of a professional, effective and cost-efficient recruitment process.
- Achievement of recruitment timescales and targets.
- Growth of online presence in the recruitment market increasing employer brand awareness.
- Achievement of agreed and targeted reduction in overall recruitment spend.
Competencies and Personal Specifications:
- Clear and demonstrable achievements in the recruitment industry. preferably in a media and B2B marketplace.
- Clear and demonstrable experience and understanding of managing on-line and social media led recruitment campaigns.
- Experience of developing and nurturing candidate relationships, advocating and promoting the company and brands.
- An interest or knowledge in the media sector is preferable but not essential; however, the ideal candidate will have the drive and curiosity to quickly learn about how the industry works.
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to influence, encourage and persuade.
- Evidence of success in building and managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Evidence of success in prioritising and dealing with high volume workloads, information and enquiries and taking appropriate action on a regular basis.
- Organisational awareness with the ability to operate with confidence and credibility across all levels and functions of the Company.
IT, Administrative and Organisational Skills:
- Good knowledge of all recruitment advertising methods, Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and PowerPoint with the ability to report performance and metrics.
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills is essential, with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines and to demonstrate an effective and cost-conscious approach to addressing issues.
Judgement and Analysis:
- Awareness of the Company’s reputation, finance or legal position.
- Resourceful and purposeful, with initiative, drive and a strong desire to deliver exceptional results.
- A team player both internally and externally.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, resourcefulness and creativity.
Please email your CV and Cover Letter to HR Team on Recruitment@emap.com to apply for this job
We’re committed to Emap being a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees. They include 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell), health plan and life insurance cover, Cycle 2 Work scheme, discounted gym memberships, retail discount vouchers and much more!
EMAP is a member of the Metropolis Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.