Drapers is searching for a talented reporter to join our fast-paced news team, working across digital and print.
Aimed at chief executives of large fashion chains to owners of independent retailers, Drapers is the fashion industry bible. As reporter, you will be responsible for breaking exclusive news stories that are essential reading for those working in the fashion business.
You will have daily business reporting experience, preferably on a newspaper or B2B title. You will have strong news judgement and the ability to work accurately at speed. You will be able to source exclusive news and feel comfortable delving through company financials and reporting on acquisitions and insolvencies. We will require you to quickly familiarise yourself with the structure of the fashion industry and its supply chain.
In addition to your responsibilities on the news desk you will also contribute creative ideas to the wider Drapers brand, write features and comment pieces, record videos and contribute to Drapers' social media output.
- News reporting experience, preferably for a weekly B2B title or newspaper
- BA/BSc or higher degree and an NCTJ qualification or equivalent journalism training
- Evidence of breaking off-diary news stories, as well as building and maintaining contacts
- Digital skills such as video editing are a bonus
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to use your initiative and source off-diary stories
- Excellent command of the English language
- Ability to make contacts and build solid relationships with people in the sector
Please email your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this job
EMAP is a member of the Metropolis Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.