Motor Trader is the market-leading title for the motor industry, publishing magazine, running awards and conferences Motor Trader aims to keep franchised and independent car dealers in the loop with industry news and trends.
We have an exciting opportunity for a hard-working and keen sales person to join this acclaimed industry leader, to sell advertising and sponsorship across our print, digital and live event platforms.
For the right candidate the role is potentially a springboard to a long-term career in face-to-face sales account management, working for one of the UK’s fastest growing and progressive B2B publishers. For this reason a clean driving licence is desirable.
Key aims of the role will be to:
- sell advertising packages into Motor Trader magazine.
- sell advertising onto Motor Trader digital platform, www.motortrader.com
- sell sponsorship and/or delegate, award entry and guest places on our range of annual events.
Initially this role is a primarily office-based telesales role, but some face-to-face meetings and attendance at events may be required.
Key responsibilities will include:
- account management of an existing client base;
- selling and developing relationships over the phone;
- selling/running the recruitment sections in print and on-line
- renewing business and expanding accounts with existing clients;
- cold calling potential new advertisers and events delegates/awards entrants;
- sourcing sales leads from competitor magazines, websites, show exhibitor lists and lapsed advertisers;
- reporting sales figures on a daily basis;
- working to personal and team targets;
- representing Motor Trader at exhibitions and conferences, arranging meeting at these shows with existing and potential accounts;
- writing proposals for potential clients;
- liaising with clients and internal designers to ensure artwork is delivered to the correct specification and by specified deadlines;
- liaising with internal marketing and events departments when appropriate regarding promotion of events.
For this role, the ideal candidate should:
- have demonstrable experience of exceeding sales targets in a media sales environment;
- have a track record of building strong working relationships with clients;
- have a professional, positive and collaborative attitude and excellent presentation skills;
- be willing and able to attend occasional external meetings and trade shows;
- be confident, enthusiastic and charismatic on the phone;
- enjoy speaking to people and building strong working relationships with them;
- have strong written and oral communication skills;
- some knowledge of online recruitment platforms such as Madgex would be preferable but is not essential;
- have excellent negotiation skills;
- be organized and have good time-management skills;
- have attention to detail and an ability to work under pressure.
We’re committed to EMAP being a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees. They include 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell), health plan and life insurance cover, Cycle 2 Work scheme, discounted gym memberships, retail discount vouchers and much more!
If that sounds like you, please send your CV, salary expectations and a note about how your talent matches the task to email@example.com
EMAP is a member of the Metropolis Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.