Electronics Weekly is a business title that for more than 50 years has been the leading source of information in the UK electronics industry.
Its website, ElectronicsWeekly.com, is the UK’s leading online resource for electronics professionals, offering a daily diet of news, analysis, features and business stories. The site also includes a wide selection of jobs and new products
Electronics Weekly, the UK’s biggest title for electronic engineers, is looking for a skilled and tenacious sales executive to work across its portfolio of digital, print and live events activities. The role will primarily involve selling cross platform and bespoke solutions including Electronics Weekly’s recruitment platform and its market-leading website and magazine, with a mix of account management and new business development. Electronics Weekly is looking to expand its portfolio of products across print, digital and live events, and for the right candidate this position could offer the opportunity to work on new launches and brand extensions as well as core products.
The primary objective of the role is to sell advertising space, sponsorship and other marketing products on the Electronics Weekly brand to help meet the targets and business objectives of Electronics Weekly and its owner EMAP.
Key elements of this will include:
- Sales on the telephone and face to face around the UK and, occasionally, overseas;
- Acquiring new customers in order to generate new revenue and increase market share, especially in the classified and tier 3 display sales against features, while managing the online recruitment platform;
- Maintaining and growing a number of smaller existing accounts and building strong relationships with those clients through regular face-to-face and telephone contact and high levels of customer service;
- Managing the delivery of performance reports back to clients, in particular for digital campaigns in conjunction with the ad ops team and where necessary with the support of the commercial Director and/or the deputy commercial manager;
- Attending industry events and shows, both around the UK and occasionally overseas;
- Developing a strong understanding of the electronics market in order to identify opportunities to expand Electronics Weekly sales;
- Providing client and competitor information and intelligence to the Commercial Director and other team members.
- Achievement of agreed sales targets
- Growth of your territory in terms of numbers of clients and revenues from key accounts to agreed targets
- Selling awards, events sponsorships and projects to meet agreed targets
- Increasing the new business on EW to agreed targets
- Increase Recruitment revenue to agreed targets
- To learn and establish a solid understanding of the market, our products, client needs and competitors to be able to confidently, effectively and competently service the needs of customers
The role will require a number of key skills and areas of knowledge. These will include:
- Clear and demonstrable ability to successfully sell media products, preferably in a B2B marketplace, to new and existing clients;
- Clear and demonstrable understanding of the typical products in the B2B media industry;
- Demonstrable success in new business and account management;
- Strong knowledge of digital media products is highly beneficial, including selling and, ideally, reporting back to clients on digital display advertising, email campaigns, recruitment and other streams;
- Experience of selling print advertising, ideally in display advertising;
- Experience of selling sponsorship to events such as awards and conferences is preferable;
- Experience of planning and writing proposals for clients is desirable;
- Some knowledge of the electronics field is preferable but not essential; however, the ideal candidate will have the drive and curiosity to quickly learn about the industry;
- Excellent time management and a can-do, optimistic attitude;
- Strong administrative skills.
We’re committed to EMAP being a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees. They include 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell), health plan and life insurance cover, Cycle 2 Work scheme, discounted gym memberships, retail discount vouchers and much more!
If that sounds like you, please send your CV, salary expectations and a note about how your talent matches the task to firstname.lastname@example.org
EMAP is a member of the Metropolis Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.