Electronics Weekly is a business title that for more than 50 years has been the leading source of information in the UK electronics industry.
Its website, ElectronicsWeekly.com, is the UK’s leading online resource for electronics professionals, offering a daily diet of news, analysis, features and business stories. The site also includes a wide selection of jobs and new products
Electronics Weekly will be celebrating its 60th Birthday in 2020 and is the biggest, most established, respected, trusted and highly regarded market leading B2B publication serving the global electronics industry with huge growth opportunities in a dynamic and interesting sector.
We are looking for a skilled and tenacious sales executive to work across a portfolio of digital, print, video, content marketing, live events activities and more to help grow the brand and take it forward to the next stage.
The role will primarily involve selling cross platform and bespoke solutions to large well-known global PLCs, SMEs and agencies, with a mix of new business development, lapsed business and account management. Electronics Weekly is looking to expand its portfolio of products across print, digital and live events, while maximining on the opportunity that the huge international audience presents, and so for the right candidate this position could offer the opportunity to work on exciting new launches and brand extensions as well as core products.
This role is business critical and therefore vital for the brands future growth and success. The successful candidate will be able to contribute to the wider business and play a part in the brands future developments while benefiting from fantastic support, personal and career development.
If you revel in variety, thrive in challenges, love to learn and have a powerful will to succeed and are prepared to work hard to win then this is for you!
The primary objective of the role is to sell advertising space, sponsorship and other marketing products on the Electronics Weekly brand to help meet the targets and business objectives of Electronics Weekly and its owner EMAP.
Key elements of this will include:
- Sales on the telephone, email and face to face around the UK and overseas to meet the needs of an international client base;
- Acquiring new customers in order to generate new revenue and increase market share;
- Maintaining and growing existing accounts and building strong relationships with those clients through regular face-to-face, email and telephone contact and very high levels of customer service and care;
- Managing the delivery of performance reports back to clients, in particular for digital campaigns in conjunction with the ad ops team and where necessary with the support of the Commercial Director and/or the deputy commercial manager;
- Attending industry events and shows, both around the UK and overseas;
- Developing a strong understanding of the electronics market in order to identify opportunities to expand Electronics Weekly products and sales;
- Sharing client and competitor information and intelligence to the Commercial Director and other team members.
- Achievement of agreed sales targets;
- Growth of your territory in terms of numbers of clients and revenues from key accounts to agreed targets;
- Selling awards, events sponsorships and projects to meet agreed targets;
- Increasing the new business on EW to agreed targets;
- To learn and establish a solid understanding of the market, products, client needs and competitors to be able to confidently, effectively and competently service the needs of customers.
The role will require a number of key skills and areas of knowledge. These will include:
- Clear and demonstrable ability to successfully sell media products to new and existing clients;
- Clear and demonstrable understanding of the typical products in the B2B media industry;
- Demonstrable success in new business and account management;
- Strong knowledge of digital media products is highly beneficial, including selling and, ideally, reporting back to clients on digital display advertising, email campaigns, and other streams;
- Experience of selling print & digital advertising, ideally in display advertising;
- Experience of selling sponsorship to events such as awards and conferences is preferable;
- Great communication skills and consultative approach with a strong customer care attitude;
- Excellent time management, organisation and a can-do, optimistic attitude;
- Strong administrative skills.
- Honesty, reliability, hunger to learn & develop, ambitious, hard-working and solutions orientated.
- Team orientated, with a strong will to succeed and willing to roll sleeves up to make a positive difference.
- Some knowledge of the electronics field is preferable but not essential; however, the ideal candidate will have the drive and curiosity to quickly learn about the industry.
If that sounds like you, please send your CV, salary expectations and a note about how your talent matches the task to email@example.com.
We’re committed to Emap being a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees. They include 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell), health plan and life insurance cover, Cycle 2 Work scheme, discounted gym memberships, retail discount vouchers and much more!
EMAP is a member of the Metropolis Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.