EMAP is a progressive content, subscription & networking business. We connect influential people and organisations to a high-value network of decision-makers, data and ideas through our industry-leading business to business portfolio of brands.
Our unrivalled relationships with experienced and highly skilled professionals in niche industries are of high value and interest to companies looking to influence and engage decision makers in those sectors. We deliver access to these highly sort after business professionals through award winning print and digital content, live events, intelligence services, learning tools and recruitment solutions.
Nursing Times (NT), Construction News (CN), New Civil Engineer (NCE) and Local Government Chronicle (LGC) are four of emap’s high profile, long established and high revenue generating brands.
About the role:
As the sales manager the successful candidate will develop and build on existing key client relationships, establish new commercial opportunities, and grow recruitment revenue. You will be expected to lead, coach and develop a strong team of sales professionals to drive recruitment revenue across all sectors through a combination of telephone and face to face sales.
An Ambitious and driven motivator, you will demonstrate curiosity and a positive high energy. An agile sales performer with varied experience you will be a team player who takes a hands-on approach when required. A consistent top sales performer this role would be suited to someone coming from a background within management or leadership role within an agency or other commercial sales environment.
- To ensure maximum delivery against sales targets across entire recruitment portfolio of print, digital and events through the management and growth of key accounts & generation of new business increasing market share.
- To deliver / exceed monthly, quarterly and annual target revenues. Identifying new revenue streams to generate sustainable growth, year on year
- To champion a collaborative team ethos with market and product intelligence shared across the group.
- Develop a full understanding of the value and opportunities within the market, working with the Commercial Director to deliver sales strategies and establish market opportunities.
- Prepare sales plans for key accounts as appropriate
- Prepare sales strategies for NPD as and implement these to drive market share
- To make the agreed number of visits and calls to ensure regular contact with key clients in order to grow revenue and market share
- Coaching and mentor all members of the team and lead by example to build and embed enhanced sales skills, professionalism and creative selling.
- Produce regular performance (detailing visits, actions and outcomes) and market reports for the Commercial Director
Please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
We’re committed to EMAP being a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees. They include 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell), health plan and life insurance cover, Cycle 2 Work scheme, discounted gym memberships, retail discount vouchers and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.