The multiple-award winning Nursing Times has been established for over 110 years as the independent voice of the nursing community, championing nurses and acting as a critical friend to support their development. It combines double-blind peer reviewed research and innovation with a suite of online learning units, ensuring Nursing Times' subscribers have constant access to the most up-to-date best practice to support their professional development. Nursing Times' readers also benefit from being the first to hear about breaking news stories relating to their career which, along with thought-provoking comment and opinion from nursing leaders and experts, gives them an unprecedented overview of the nursing world.
Nursing Times also runs Nursing Times Careers Live, a portfolio of six events in London, Manchester, Bristol, Leeds and Birmingham, which help nurses and student nurses develop their careers and find their next role. In addition, the brand runs a number of leading events, including bespoke round table events and The Student Nursing Times Awards and Nursing Times Awards.
The main function of the role is to sell recruitment solutions across the Nursing Times portfolio, predominantly focused on our careers events:
- Maintain regular contact with your client list and build excellent working relationships in order to increase the brand’s share of clients’ spend
- Ensure maximum delivery against sales targets across entire brand portfolio with a strong focus on events and contracted revenue, through the management and growth of customer accounts & generation of new business
Why recruitment solutions at emap?
The emap recruitment team is a fast-paced desk, with a close-knit team who are motivated to succeed. The Senior Account Manager role with Nursing Times offers an attractive uncapped commission scheme, with strong accelerators for those who over achieve against revenue targets.
Not only do we offer strong commission, we regularly run additional incentives across the team and sales floor, including a league table and incentives for team social events.
This role allows you to take ownership of the Nursing Times private sector recruitment portfolio, working with healthcare providers, hospices, charities, education providers and more.
The Nursing Times recruitment portfolio includes seven market-leading careers events, as well as print and digital platforms to give a variety of recruitment solutions to all clients.
- Represent the Nursing Times brand and events in the market whilst promoting the magazine and job board as the solution of choice for nursing recruitment needs
- Deliver and exceed monthly, quarterly and annual target revenues as defined by your manager
- Identify new revenue streams to generate sustainable growth, year on year – e.g. new areas of business, new product development ideas, etc.
- Find and target new areas for revenue e.g. new exhibitors from competitor events, new launches, wards, hospitals and departments, networking at industry events, expanding relationships with advertising agencies with clients in nursing, etc.
- To attend various exhibitions/conferences/events and seminars as agreed, to maintain and build client contacts and obtain new leads where possible.
- As a Senior Account Manager you will ideally have 1-2 years sales experience in a business to business environment
- You will have a proven track record of successfully achieving targets and KPIs in your previous role(s)
- You will be professional, entrepreneurial and organized with a passion for hard work
- You will also be an excellent communicator with innate sales skills including: negotiation, influencing, creating urgency and closing
- Planning & organisation
- Commercial awareness
- Sales structure & process
- Relationship building
- Communicating and influencing
Ambitious / Driven / High Energy / Curious / High Personal Integrity / Great Communicator Trustworthy / Team Player
Please email your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this job
We’re committed to Emap being a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees. They include 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell), health plan and life insurance cover, Cycle 2 Work scheme, discounted gym memberships, retail discount vouchers and much more!
EMAP is a member of the Metropolis Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.