The candidate should have extensive application support knowledge across a variety of applications and have managed or led a team of application support analysts.
The Senior Application Support Analyst primary role is to support our CRM system (Elan) but also to support all applications used to enable EMAP/Metropolis’s essential business processes in an efficient and effective fashion. The job holder will be responsible for supporting our user base on all Test/Staging and Production application environments across a diverse range of technologies and embedded solutions. They must be well rounded with in-depth technical experience across a range of technologies, while having deep knowledge in core systems to support issues, fix defects, document changes and implement amended applications.
The role requires strong team working across a variety of projects carried out in collaboration with data and application developers, analysts and business users. The role will also have two direct reports.
- Accountable for supporting business users across a range of installed technologies (primarily CRM) and maintaining production applications proactively to ensure they operate as expected and in accordance with agreed service levels;
- Responsible for making and documenting essential changes to existing applications following changes to business processes and practices essential to forming an efficient organisation;
- Responsible for placing modified applications back into production following upgrades and ensuring effective controls regarding security and quality assurance prior to releasing changes into a quality assured production environment;
- Responsible for documenting the full change process, from defect specification, code amendment, test scripting, testing outcomes and implementation;
- Manage external relationships and ensure effective delivery of change and quality where applications are maintained through an external contract;
- Proactively own and manage the technology handover stage when a new application is handed over from the development teams to the production environment. The job holder is responsible for ensuring she/he understands the application, receives adequate documentation and instruction from the developer(s), and is capable of supporting it in the production environment;
- Ensure that responsive and effective IT services are available to meet agreed business needs and enable the organisation to operate as an effective, distributed organisation;
- Monitor application usage and capacity and ensure that adequate provision is made in IT capacity planning (e.g. disk storage and processing power) to ensure the application continues to operate as specified;
- Responsible for the management of two team members; and
- Demonstrate EMAP/Metropolis’s competencies relevant to the role level and be a role model for EMAP/Metropolis’s values
- Degree level qualification in relevant discipline;
- Educated to masters’ level or equivalent level of experience of working in a highly specialist area;
- Evidence of ongoing continuous professional development/learning;
- Extensive knowledge of specialist technical areas, acquired through post graduate qualification / professional accreditation or equivalent experience;
- Relevant professional / Microsoft qualifications, e.g. MCSE, MCTS;
- IT security qualifications;
- ITIL service delivery;
- Agile / devOps certification;
- Project management qualification;
- In-depth specialist knowledge of CRM systems;
- Highly developed, specialist knowledge and experience of working with a broad range of technology and technical services;
- Experience in the delivery of complex work, incorporating multiple inputs and stakeholders, management of fluctuating workflow and associated resource management;
- Strong technical problem-solving skills and ability to diagnose technical problems quickly;
- Strong analytical skills and capability;
- Strong technical knowledge of the Microsoft application suite, CRM solutions, Website management (Wordpress);
- Has a strong background in Technical Application Support;
- Has experience working with a technical change management processes as applied to production systems;
- Experienced in working with outsourced solution providers;
- Experience in end to end testing of complex applications;
- Expertise of information governance and IT security (cyber);
- Established stakeholder management skills;
- Experience of business client and customer relationship management;
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to plan and prioritise own workload with competing priorities
- Knowledge of strategic, commercial, financial and operational risk;
- Understanding of information governance and IT security (cyber);
- Background in application design, development and / or quality assurance;
- Strong creative problem solver and practical thinker with proven track record of developing mechanisms for managing information effectively;
- An outstanding communicator, both in person and in writing, with the ability to present advice and information in a clear and logical way and explain complex terminology and initiatives in straightforward terms;
- Management experience including mentoring junior members of the team;
- Established stakeholder management skills;
- An ability to demonstrate empathy and patience with users;
- Highly numerate with excellent analytical skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Passionate about the work and the goals of the organisation, maintaining high levels of productivity and a positive impact;
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to re-prioritise;
- Comfortable with both working on their own and as part of small multi-disciplinary teams, displaying interpersonal skills and utilising resources effectively;
- Ability to work on own initiative and organise own workload with minimal supervision working to tight and often changing timescales;
- Ability to exercise sound judgement, maintain discretion and use initiative;
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly PowerPoint and Excel modelling;
Please email your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this job.
We’re committed to EMAP being a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees. They include 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell), health plan and life insurance cover, Cycle 2 Work scheme, discounted gym memberships, retail discount vouchers and much more!
EMAP is a member of the Metropolis Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.