Known as the bible of the fashion industry, Drapers is the unifying voice of fashion multiples, etailers, independents and brands who want to grow and evolve in an ever-changing industry.
Drapers helps businesses future proof in an industry currently undergoing disruption and change. Providing content to address shared challenges and concerns in new business models, organisational structures, product innovation, changing shopping habits and global expansion strategies.
For the last 130 years our content has been relied upon by fashion professionals as a source of breaking news, expert analysis and independent opinion that cannot be rivalled by our competitors.
To complement this, Drapers also provides a series of industry-leading learning and networking opportunities, from full-day forum events, masterclasses and clubs, to four flagship awards events, each attended by hundreds of industry leaders.
This is an exciting role selling marketing solutions, bespoke campaigns and event sponsorship to key accounts from Womenswear:
The candidate will effectively grow and manage key, strategic, new and established customer relationships, research the fashion sector, recognise trends and become an expert in the industry in order to contribute to current and future sales strategies for fashion brands. The role will involve great customer service and the ability to recognise what are the next developments in fashion and how that will impact the fashion retail sector
Maintain regular contact with your client list and build excellent working relationships in order to increase the brand’s share of clients’ spend
Ensure maximum delivery against sales targets across the entire brand portfolio digital, print and events through the management and growth of customer accounts & generation of new business.
With over 130 years heritage, Drapers has unique insight on the evolution of this remarkable sector and continues to inspire and educate its audience with the latest innovations in the market across business operations and product development.
Brands are a key part of the fashion industry and we want to bring them on our journey to support fashion businesses to ensure they are fit for the future. This role will support wholesale brands to drive their multi-channel strategies, engaging their stockists with their latest product offering and highlighting how they are differentiating themselves in a crowded brand marketplace, telling their story and creating a world that customers want to be part of.
It will involve canvassing trade shows and fashion week to discover new brands, find that unique proposition that the market needs to know about – and should be stocking. We are looking for a market-facing brand ambassador that can sell Drapers’ vision and the multiple opportunities that Drapers can offer brands to increase their brand awareness, connect with the industry’s leading retailers and do better business.
Winner of B2B Brand of the Year and Technology Leader of the Year at the 2018 Drum Online Media Awards
Shortlisted for B2B Brand of the Year and Event of the Year (for Drapers Digital Festival) at the 2018 PPA Awards
Drapers 130 years of heritage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkesFPmTRtQ
Drapers Digital Festival https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KKZLE2-m94
Drapers Next Gen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-Kv1mLrBoM
Drapers Awards – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRFiZa8CkyE
- Raise and maintain brand profile in the market, in order to be the advertising media of choice.
- Deliver / exceed monthly, quarterly and annual target revenues as defined by your manager.
- Identify new revenue streams (on and offline) to generate sustainable growth, year on year.
- Find and target new areas for revenue i.e. new advertisers from the competition, new product and company launches featured in editorial.
- Be accountable for all business covered by your allocated area of responsibility. This should include action plans, knowledge of competitor activity, marketing briefs, client’s history, planned activity, key personnel and decision makers and so on.
- Sell new projects to relevant clients, and to gain an answer from all clients before deadlines.
- To attend industry exhibitions/conferences/events and seminars as agreed, to maintain and build client contacts and obtain new leads where possible.
- As Senior Business Development Manager you will have a minimum 5 years sales experience in a business to business environment, preferably within digital/print media and selling to C Suite executives.
- You will have a proven track record of successfully developing accounts and securing new business wins.
- You will be professional, entrepreneurial and organized with strong commercial awareness.
- You will also be an excellent communicator with world class sales skills, including negotiation, influencing, creating urgency and closing.
- First and foremost you must have the attitude to want to win, develop yourself professionally and never accept second best
- Planning & Organisation
- Commercial Awareness
- Sales structure & process
- Relationship Building
- Communicating and Influencing
Please email you CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com to apply for this job
We’re committed to Emap being a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees. They include 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell), health plan and life insurance cover, Cycle 2 Work scheme, discounted gym memberships, retail discount vouchers and much more!
EMAP is a member of the Metropolis Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.