Metropolis Group is a fast-growing group, established in 1994. We specialise in Business and consumer media and discount programmes. We employ over 550 people and have offices in West London, Croydon, Shoreditch, Bolton, Dublin, and Chester. Our brands consist of EMAP, Smartsave and Diamond Publishing Ltd.
Our Mission in media is to engage deeply with our niche industry communities across multiple platforms, serving our audiences with insightful journalism, great events, and the information, intelligence and networking connections with peers and suppliers to enable them to successfully develop their businesses and careers.
About the Role:
This role is part of a central Digital Marketing team that supports the brand marketers of 40+ media and events brands to drive subscriptions and audience engagement. This is a new role and forms part of a wider strategy to enable the business to move towards being digital first. This is an exciting opportunity. You will bring your knowledge of campaigns, automations and email strategy to help drive forward the email channel. In return we can offer a supportive team and the opportunity to make the role your own.
- To act as the business lead on email campaign strategy and automations.
- To work closely with media and events brand marketers to advise on best practice for email campaigns and automations in the ESP
- To create strategies that can be used company wide and best practice documents around email campaigns and automations, advising the business on testing strategies ( AB tests/subject line tests etc)
- To act as the team, lead on all automations and campaigns, supporting the email marketing execs in their learning and understanding of this area of email marketing
- To use market ESP software to create and deliver email campaigns
- Using HTML/CSS coding to develop or amend a suite of email templates for marketing campaigns
- Proofing and testing of each email campaign while following a thorough sign off process
- Troubleshoot HTML email rendering issues or deliverability to various ISPs
- Support data import or export requests
- Reporting on campaigns, analysing performance and identifying areas for optimisation and growth
- Running A/B testing: proposing testing treatments, split testing campaigns and reporting on results
- Manage the email marketing calendar in conjunction with the brands’ stakeholders
- Work with the email marketing team for any ad-hoc database cleansing and re-engagement tasks
Please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to give individual feedback at the application stage, however if you are successfully shortlisted you will be contacted within 10 working days of the closing date.
We’re committed to Metropolis international Group being a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees. They include 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell), health plan and life insurance cover, Cycle 2 Work scheme, discounted gym memberships, retail discount vouchers and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.