A Front-End Web Developer who enjoys creating pixel-perfect, responsive and modern websites and is motivated to combine the art of design, creativity and imagination with the art of programming. The successful candidate will be a key member of the development team, with full involvement in the development life cycle from planning through to launch.
As part of the Web Development team, you will be required to work across the front-end software development life cycle to translate business requirements into effective online solutions, using a mixture of traditional and emerging techniques and solutions. You MUST be an experienced Front-End Developer, who has developed bespoke WordPress websites and have a deep knowledge of the latest web technologies. Your impressive portfolio of websites will show that you have exceptional coding skills, preferably gained in an agency environment and be confident talking through these throughout the interview process. You will work across the board on a range of sites and stakeholders and will have to show that you can work to agreed deadlines.
The duties of the job include the following:
- Developing functional and appealing websites and web applications based on usability and responsive designs
- CMS migration and Implementing new features and plugins.
- Contributing to discussions around design, system architecture and infrastructure.
- Contributing to planning and estimation of tasks.
- Identifying and fixing bugs, assisting with analysis of operations and support issues.
- Contributing to quality control by reviewing work of colleagues.
- Collaborating with your team on daily basis to complete task.
- Well-versed in building UI in WordPress including themes
- Experience integrating with other 3rd party services and out of the box WordPress plugins
- Proficient understanding of HTML5, CSS3, XML, SASS, Grunt
- Proficient understanding of PHP various Frameworks, MySQL
- Ability to convert PSD’s to HTML and CSS
- Expert in responsive web design practices
- Experience with website optimisation and cross-browser support
- Working knowledge of the implementation of RESTful APIs and AJAX
- Experience with GIT/SVN
- Familiarity with UX/UI design best practices
- An understanding of Linux environment is desirable
- You’ll be joining a growing, intelligent team driving business change
- You’ll have the opportunity to make an impact within the team, applying the skills and methodologies you’ve learnt
- You’ll be working for a company with an excellent culture, in a friendly and fast paced environment
- You’ll be able to react to change with backing from the business
- You'll have the opportunity to solve complex business/technical problems
We’re committed to EMAP being a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees. They include 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell), health plan and life insurance cover, Cycle 2 Work scheme, discounted gym memberships, retail discount vouchers and much more!
If that sounds like you, please send your CV, salary expectations and a note about how your talent matches the task to email@example.com
EMAP is a member of the Metropolis Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status