EMAP events marketing offers an incredibly fast paced and dynamic environment. Working on market leading awards and conferences you will be responsible for driving volume and revenue growth as well as creating lead generation for sponsorship sales through multi-media direct marketing campaigns.
This role is responsible for events covering our hugely successful and well regarded titles, including: Drapers, Architects Journal, Architectural Review and other leading brands. The role is very busy and so managing a large workload and working to tight deadlines is a must. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with several market leading brands within a supportive and friendly environment.
- Deliver world-class, brand enhancing, marketing communication programmes that increase our event delegate number and revenue and enrich their relationship with us.
- To plan and implement effective, targeted multi-media campaigns to generate awareness, interest, desire and action in chosen segments
- To ensure all marketing activity and results and tracked and measured to allow dynamic investment based on analysis of current and past performance
- To proactively develop the database to support marketing strategies and long term audience development
- Create compelling, needs based campaigns that articulate the value of our brands and the brand propositions at all times working within brand guidelines
- Work within agreed customer metrics and KPI’s (opens, clicks, CPR, CPA etc.)
- Co-ordinate activity across multiple channels including email, web, print, events and social media to ensure consistency of message
- Develop customer data builds, usage and analytics to increase effective targeting, response/ conversion rates
- To measure and review performance within key ROI and KPI criteria to increase lead generation, conversion and retention rates
- To use market intelligence and customer insight and analysis to increase understanding of our audiences and effectiveness of our campaigns
- Work with data and digital teams to use all tools, techniques and touch points to maximise sales effectiveness and create consistent campaign messages across all contact points
- Share all learnings and insights that drive performances
- Work as a team to deliver to group as well as individual targets and in line with agreed priorities
- Contribute to overall knowledge and expertise within the team to ensure growth targets are met and drive operational excellenceWork within and keep up to date with all industry best practice and adhere to all legal and ethical guidelines as required by all EMAP/ TRG employees (DP and privacy, competition law, ASA, Trading standards etc.)
- Proven track record in events marketing, campaign management and digital marketing – 2+years
- Hold a degree or equivalent marketing diploma
- Good understanding of online audiences’ behaviour, needs and changing trends
- Able to work to challenging targets within tight timeframes, prioritising and setting clear measurable and achievable goals
- Proven experience of developing and managing strategic plans and budgets
- Ability to spot opportunities and transform ideas into practical reality and review existing challenges and generate fresh solutions
- Entrepreneurial spirit - Ready to work as part of the team and test and innovate to drive results
- Confidence with IT, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Must be highly competent with general computer use including Microsoft word, excel, PowerPoint and outlook
- Experience using Google analytics and social media channels for advertising
- Experience using Adwords desirable
- Experience updating websites and of SEO
- Experience using Marketo and Salesforce would be advantageous but not essential
- Exceptional communication skills: able to develop and maintain excellent personal relationships with team members and external stakeholders
- Excellent time management and organisational skills and a proven ability to prioritise, juggle multiple projects and to meet deadlines
- A problem solver – curious in nature and able to independently offer solutions to problems
- Analytical with a high attention to detail and able to spot trends and glean insights from raw data.
- Numerate – should have a good head for figures
- High level of copy writing and proofreading
- A creative mind set – someone who is able to put forward innovative ideas and see them through
- Target and results orientated with strong attention to detail
- Enthusiastic and ambitious about a career in B2B events marketing
- Good attention to detail
- Confident team player
- Practical and resourceful and results orientated
- Creative thinker with drive and commitment
Please email your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this job
EMAP is a member of the Metropolis Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.