Nursing Times, the UK's leading nursing title, is looking for a full-time reporter to write news stories for its magazine and website.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The role will require the holder to generate and write news content on a broad range of topics of interest to nurses and midwives. This could be political, clinical or general interest. The role is centred on contributing daily stories for nursingtimes.net and weekly articles for Nursing Times. This could involve quickly summarising the key points of a major report, interpreting a scientific paper or seeing through to conclusion a major investigation.
ABOUT THE PERSON
- You will be a self-starter with a track record of generating exclusive off-diary stories, a strong team player and be used to working under pressure.
- You will be hungry for exclusives and keen to win awards. You will also be a stickler for accuracy who is able to write accurately and engagingly to tight deadlines.
- In addition, you will be as comfortable interviewing grassroots nurses on how they are preventing MRSA as you will be quizzing ministers on the latest health policy.
- Experience of data journalism and use of social media will be advantageous.
- You will have at least 12 months’ experience in journalism.
Please email you CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com to apply for this job