Construction News is dedicated to providing essential business information and intelligence to win work and compete effectively in an increasingly complex construction sector. It is widely recognised as the brand trusted by leading contractors to help them shape the future of the industry.
With a premier reputation based on accurate news reporting, market analysis and expert commentary, Constructions News engages an influential group of senior decision-makers drawn from both core contractors and major suppliers in the construction industry.
Relied upon by thousands of construction professionals, Construction News is a unique brand offering unparalleled opportunity across multiple platforms spanning print, web, mobile, social media, awards and bespoke events.
CN is looking for an experienced B2B journalist to be its senior reporter, leading its exclusive news and investigations, from the UK’s biggest projects like Crossrail and HS2 to interviewing Cabinet ministers and CEOs.0
You will research and write news stories, analyses, investigations and interviews of value to Construction News’ target audience of leaders in the construction, property and infrastructure world.
Our senior reporter will be expected to form relationships which bring in the biggest news and analysis with the UK’s construction leaders, working as part of the multiple award-winning editorial team on the UK’s leading construction title.
The beat will include covering the UK’s biggest regeneration schemes, transport projects, housing policy, the impact of Brexit on the millions of workers here, London skyscrapers and interrogating the financing of the largest property deals.
Job will include occasional travel, with a focus on getting stories outside London and CN employees are expected to regularly meet contacts and spend time outside the office getting to know the industry and key people/ projects.
- Sourcing industry-leading news stories, analyses, investigations, interviews and features
- Producing daily ‘digital-first’ content and adapting as appropriate for the magazine
- Contributing to editorial team initiatives, e.g. campaigns like Mind Matters and Inspire Me as well as our events
- Using social media and data tools to promote your work
- Pitching, recording and promoting video and audio content
- Contribute to our ambitious targets for growth in subscriptions
- Candidate must have a journalism qualification
- At least 18 months to two years of reporting experience, demonstrating a track record of delivering big stories in your area
- Shorthand is preferred
- Experience on a business title is not required, but would be a bonus
- This role suits someone who wants to compete with national and broadcast media as a leading reporter, allowing them to make a name for themselves on one of the UK’s most respected B2B titles.
- Must be enthusiastic, passionate, organised, with an ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines. Must enjoy making contacts and building relationships.
- Strong news sense and a passionate interest in current affairs and digital journalism.
- Trustworthy, collaborative, competitive and ambitious.
- An excellent communicator who wants to improve CN’s coverage and will positively represent CN at external events.
- Must be willing to learn and want to develop new skills.
Please email your CV and Cover Letter to Zak.GP@emap.com to apply for this job.
We’re committed to Emap being a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees. They include 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell), health plan and life insurance cover, Cycle 2 Work scheme, discounted gym memberships, retail discount vouchers and much more!
EMAP is a member of the Metropolis Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.