Electronics Weekly is a business title that for more than 50 years has been the leading source of information in the UK electronics industry.
Its website, ElectronicsWeekly.com, is the UK’s leading online resource for electronics professionals, offering a daily diet of news, analysis, features and business stories. The site also includes a wide selection of jobs and new products
Launched in 1960, Electronics Weekly is the UK weekly print publication for electronics professionals. Electronicsweekly.com is the market leading website for the UK electronics industry with the most highly respected editorial team covering all the latest industry news, developments, blogs and technologies. Over the last 20 years, electronicsweekly.com has grown a large international following with a substantial number of users in key countries outside the UK
Electronics Weekly is now looking for a reporter/senior reporter to work in its new office in Croydon. Ideally the candidate will have a background in business journalism and have a strong interest in electronics, but we are also open to receiving recent graduates with an electronics degree who would like to pursue a career in publishing with the UK’s leading business-to-business electronics title in its field.
- Be a dynamic self-starter, a team player
- Possess a strong work ethic
- Have a good understanding of digital media and its impact on the printed medium
- As well as the confidence to interview and build contacts among senior electronics industry figures
- Ability to travel internationally
- Reporting to the Group Editor, your main role will be to gather information and write news and analyses for online and print
- Researching stories from a variety of technologies, including the field of test, semiconductors, hardware and software, as well as research;
- generating ideas for stories;
- writing news and analyses in the house style;
- ensuring work is well written, accurate and submitted to deadline;
- conducting interviews, both in person or over the phone;
- building up contacts;
- attending electronics industry seminars, conferences and exhibitions and reporting your findings;
- sourcing images to accompany written pieces;
- meeting with colleagues to help plan the content and character of our online environment and print magazine;
- keeping up-to-date with electronics industry developments;
- proofing pages before going to print;
- opportunity to create video content for the websites.
Please email your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this job
We’re committed to Emap being a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees. They include 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell), health plan and life insurance cover, Cycle 2 Work scheme, discounted gym memberships, retail discount vouchers and much more!
EMAP is a member of the Metropolis Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.