About Us: Metropolis International Group is a fast-growing group, established in 1994. We specialise in business and consumer media and discount programmes. We have offices in West London, Croydon, Shoreditch, Bolton, Dublin, and Chester. The group consists of EMAP, Smartsave and Diamond Publishing Ltd and over 40 brands
About you: The ideal individual to fulfil the will be a full stack web developer and will possess knowledge of agile principles and methodologies. Good relational database skills with MySQL, Understanding of responsive design frameworks such as bootstrap and experience with website optimisation and cross-browser support. You will also be a methodical thinker with a high level of organisation skills and attention to detail.
About the Role: As a web developer you will have responsibility for maintaining and growing sites visited by millions of people every month and working with other developers and Sysadmin team in maintaining the infrastructure that powers these websites on AWS. This role is a key member of the development team, with full involvement in the development life cycle from planning through to launch. You will also work on integrating the front-end elements built by your colleagues into applications. Therefore, a good understanding of front-end technologies is also necessary
- Develop, record, and maintain cutting edge web-based PHP applications on the WordPress platform Front and Back end development of WordPress sites, leveraging JSON and web application frameworks, create and customise PHP themes/plugins
- Where necessary, build innovative, applications and collaborate with the other teams within the Web department.
- Collaborate with the team and other stakeholders to achieve successful delivery of high-quality software products.
- On-time delivery and own quality of work ensuring it meets the technical standards of the department.
- Design and develop reusable libraries, APIs and code that are easy to maintain, understand and reuse.
- Learn new technologies and keep abreast of existing technologies and be able to apply these to a variety of projects as applicable
Please send your CV and a covering letter including your salary expectations and notice to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of applications, we receive, we are unable to give individual feedback at the application stage, however if you are successfully shortlisted you will be contacted within 10 working days of the closing date.
We are committed to Metropolis international Group being a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees. They include 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell), health plan and life insurance cover, Cycle 2 Work scheme, discounted gym memberships, retail discount vouchers and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
Closing date: 05/01/21
Interview date: W/C 11/01/21