Leading commercial property title Property Week is looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and ambitious digital editor to join its award-winning team of journalists. As digital editor, you will oversee the brand’s digital strategy and the day-to-day running of its new CMS to ensure the brand builds on its record digital traffic for 2019. Working with the editor, you will help develop the brand’s digital and social media strategy to make the most of the enhanced functionality offered by its new website.
Responsibilities include managing the flow of content to the www.propertyweek.com website, uploading the weekly print magazine, publishing the brand’s daily and weekly news alerts and newsletters and overseeing the brand’s social media output with help from a dedicated multimedia journalist, who will report in to you. You will also produce online-only content such as video and podcasts.
This is an exciting and demanding role that requires a dynamic self-starter who shows initiative, is a team player and is excited about the opportunity to take Property Week’s digital output to the next level. Ideally, you will have several years’ experience working on the digital desk at a leading title and be looking to take the next step in your career. You will be based at Property Week’s new office near East Croydon train station.
- Maintaining the architecture of the www.propertyweek.com website
- Coordinating the flow of content to the website
- Uploading all magazine content from PDF to web on a weekly basis
- Restyling content so it is optimised for web
- Producing bespoke online content
- Updating website landing pages in CMS
- SEO optimisation
- Producing bespoke video and podcast content
- Writing website news as required
- Overseeing and monitoring social media output across Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram
- Overseeing the production of daily and weekly email news alerts and coordinating input from the editorial team
- Producing email creatives for the marketing team
- Working with the marketing team to optimise the app
- An interest in the property industry
- First-class digital and editing skills
- Excellent management skills – you will be directly line managing the multimedia journalist
- Experience using a CMS such as Webvision or Wordpress (or ideally a customised Abacus CMS)
- Experience using tools as Adobe InDesign, Elements and Notepad++
- Experience producing compelling video and podcasts
- A flair for social media
- Experience creating and editing email newsletters. HTML and CSS knowledge is preferred
If that sounds like you, please send your CV, salary expectations and a note about how your talent matches the task to firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re committed to EMAP being a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees. They include 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell), health plan and life insurance cover, Cycle 2 Work scheme, discounted gym memberships, retail discount vouchers and much more!
EMAP is a member of the Metropolis Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.