- Business: emap
- Brands:Nursing Times, Local Government Chronicle, Construction News, New Civil Engineer and Ground Engineering
- Base Location: Shoreditch/Hybrid ( 3 days from home, 2 days in the office)
- Employment Type: Full time, Permanent
- Salary: £ Competitive
Trading as EMAP for its B2B division, Metropolis International is a fast-growing business, privately owned Media Group with over £50m of annual revenue, structured in two divisions – consumer media, and business-to-business media. In both parts of the business we run print magazines, digital content and both face-to-face and virtual awards, conferences and other events. Metropolis is actively looking at acquiring more media businesses. We employ over 480 people in offices in West London, Croydon, Shoreditch, Devon and Dublin.
emap events marketing offers an incredibly fast paced and dynamic environment. Working on market leading awards, conferences and bespoke events, you will be responsible for driving volume and revenue growth as well as creating lead generation for sponsorship sales through multi-media direct marketing campaigns.
This role is responsible for events covering our hugely successful and well-regarded titles including Nursing Times, Local Government Chronicle, Construction News, New Civil Engineer and Ground Engineering. The role is very varied and busy, so managing a large workload is a must. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with several market leading brands within a supportive and friendly environment. emap is very results focused but offers a competitive package, training, and market leading software such as Adobe Campaign.
- Deliver world-class, brand enhancing, marketing communication programmes that increase our event delegate number and revenue and enrich their relationship with us.
- Plan and implement effective, targeted multi-media campaigns to generate awareness, interest, desire, and action in chosen segments.
- Ensure all marketing activity and results are tracked and measured to allow dynamic investment based on analysis of current and past performance.
- Create compelling, needs based campaigns that always articulate the value of our brands and the brand propositions working within brand guidelines.
- Work within agreed customer metrics and KPI’s (opens, clicks, CPR, CPA etc.)
- Co-ordinate activity across multiple channels including email, web, print, events, and social media to ensure consistency of message.
- Measure and review performance within key ROI and KPI criteria to increase lead generation, conversion, and retention rates.
- Use market intelligence and customer insight and analysis to increase understanding of our audiences and effectiveness of our campaigns.
- Work with data and digital teams to use all tools, techniques, and touch points to maximise sales effectiveness and create consistent campaign messages across all contact points.
- Work as a team to deliver to group as well as individual targets and in line with agreed priorities.
- Contribute to overall knowledge and expertise within the team to ensure growth targets are met and drive operational excellence.
- Work within and keep up to date with all industry best practice and adhere to all legal and ethical guidelines as required by all emap (GDPR, competition law, ASA, Trading standards.)
Skills and experience:
- Good communication skills: able to develop and maintain excellent personal relationships with team members and external stakeholders.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills. Has a proven ability to prioritise, juggle multiple projects effectively, meeting deadlines.
- Confident in copy writing and proofreading.
- Experience in campaign management and digital marketing.
- Experience of marketing in-person and virtual events preferred.
- Good attention to detail, and able to spot trends and glean insights from raw data.
- Target and results orientated.
- An understanding of online audiences’ behavior needs and changing trends.
- A problem solver – curious in nature, able to review existing challenges and generate fresh solutions.
- Analytical – should have a good head for figures.
- A creative mind set – someone who can put forward innovative ideas and see them through.
- Able to work to challenging targets within tight timeframes, prioritising and setting clear measurable and achievable goals.
- Team player.
- Practical, resourceful and results orientated.
- Creative thinker with drive and commitment.
- Enthusiastic and ambitious about a career in B2B events marketing.
Benefits: emap is part of Metropolis Group, together we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
- Health plan
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers
- Rail season ticket loans
- Continuous learning & Development opportunities
- Volunteer day
- Private virtual GP access
- Seasonal flu jabs on site
- Pension scheme
- Income Protection and more
Equipment: Due to hybrid working laptops are provided.
Place of work: This exciting position is a full-time hybrid role. 2 days in the office, 3 days from home. This could change over time depending on business needs.
Diversity and Inclusion: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
How to apply: Please send your CV covering letter with notice and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org Due to the volume of applications, we receive, we are unable to give individual feedback at the application stage, however if you are successfully shortlisted you will be contacted within 10 working days of the closing date.