- Business: emap
- Brands: Property Week, AV Magazine, Electronics Weekly, PTQ and UK boarding Schools
- Base Location: Croydon/Hybrid (minimum 2 days in the office)
- Employment Type: Full time, Permanent
- Salary: £25,000- £31,000 DOE + Bonus
- Remote working or visa sponsorship are not available. emap does not offer visa sponsorship. Based on the UK employment law you need to have valid right to work in UK. Share code will be required during the interview process.
emap is a progressive B2B subscriptions, networking and content business with industry-leading brands, reaching customers across multiple touch points including online, print, and face to face at events, exhibitions and awards.
Join our team as a Marketing executive and take the lead in driving growth and engagement for our portfolio of leading brands within emap’s Blue Division. If you’re a marketer who thrives in a fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you!
As the Marketing Executive, you’ll have the opportunity to work with prestigious brands like Property Week, Electronics Weekly, AV Magazine, PTQ, and UK Boarding Schools. Your expertise in advanced marketing skills, including social media email, web, SEO, and paid ads, will be crucial in shaping our success.
We believe in fostering a supportive and collaborative environment where everyone can thrive.
Key requirements: Advanced marketing skills in social media, email, web, SEO, paid ads. Good understanding of best practices for marketing design and content. Advanced marketing research, reporting, analysis and planning skills.
Desirable: Experience with B2B publications, subscription/membership business models and trade shows.
The Marketing Executive is a critical role that requires an individual with a deep understanding of marketing principles and a proven track record of delivering successful campaigns.
This position is responsible for driving the development and execution of marketing strategies that align with the company’s business goals.
The ideal candidate will possess exceptional communication skills and strategic thinking abilities.
As a hands-on position, the Marketing Executive will be given the autonomy to run campaigns, with a strong emphasis on direct marketing to segmented audiences across on and offline channels.
The role involves running marketing campaigns for Property Week, AV Magazine, Electronics Weekly, and other brands/titles within emap ’s Blue Division as required.
- Help create sales collateral, including brochures, presentations, case studies and pitch decks
- Assist with the creation of campaigns to attract and keep paying subscribers, advertisers and clients
- Assist with develop and maintain contra deals with third parties
- Run campaigns for client solutions and sponsored activities
- Attend and provide support at events where appropriate
- Run end-to-end marketing campaigns to drive awareness and leads
- Research, plan, segment and create campaigns
- Execute marketing campaigns to achieve agreed targets
- Undertake lapsed and acquisition campaigns
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research as required
- Undertake market and competitor analysis
- Update the website with content and optimise it for SEO
- Post and repurpose content across social channels
- Create and send out newsletters through Adobe Campaign Standard or similar tools
- Develop strategies for data acquisition and perform data analysis
- Support with developing and maintaining the CRM
- Develop and execute marketing campaigns across multiple channels, including email, social media, and events
- Run the company’s social media accounts and develop strategies to increase engagement and brand awareness
- Develop strategies to improve conversion rates
Content Creation and Dissemination:
- Update a content calendar and create regular social media posts to support campaigns and enhance brand awareness.
- Post and repurpose content across social channels.
- Write SEO optimised copy for the company website and use CMS to upload them.
- Proofread articles and other communication content to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- Write short- and long-form blogs optimised for SEO and target keywords
- Create, proofread and review social media post and email copy
- Update web pages and e-commerce pages with promotional copy
- Support other marketing and communication projects by creating content and writing copy
Reporting and Analysis:
- Pull together data for the Marketing Manager and track the marketing spend
- Maintain regular and detailed reporting on subscription, campaigns, engagement, targets and KPIs and suggest ways in which rates can be maintained and improved
- Monitor and analyse the performance of marketing campaigns and report on key metrics to the Marketing Manager
- Develop annual and campaign marketing plans for subscriptions in co-ordination with the Marketing Manager
- Maintain the controlled circulation subscriber base for relevant magazines
- Support the magazine circulation audit process and liaise with the ABC and circulation bureau
- Develop and maintain good relationships with third-party agents
- Briefing and reviewing artwork and marketing collateral from designers and media producers
- Work with the team to maintain high levels of customer service
- Develop and execute marketing strategies that align with the company’s overall business objectives
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure consistent branding and messaging across all channels
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders and attend brand/team meetings when required
- Provide event planning support such as co-planning events, setting up calls, research stage support, event evaluation support, and reporting and analysis.
Admin, Training and Other:
- Monitor and process Blue Division’s marketing invoices, POs and expenses
- Undertake any relevant training requested by the company to fill knowledge gaps or enhance existing skills and knowledge
- Any other activity to support the Marketing Manager and Head of Marketing with the smooth running of the marketing activities and the delivery of the marketing projects, including cover for absent team members
KEY RESULTS AREAS
- Supporting the achievement of agreed team targets as set from time to time
- Continuously developing knowledge of audience, brand and marketing trends and best practice
- Achieve learning objectives and fill practical knowledge gaps whenever required
- Keep accurate, timely and organised record of all reporting and campaign assets
- Completing assigned tasks and responsibilities with the required quality and scope and within set deadlines
- Ensuring appropriate handovers in case of any planned or unplanned absence
- Follow company standards and policies
- Completed ad-hoc tasks as required
PERSONAL SPECIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to influence and negotiate for time and resources at all levels
- Evidence of success in building and maintaining relationships with high level stakeholders
- Evidence of success in prioritising and dealing with high level sensitive information and taking appropriate action on a regular basis
- Organisational awareness with the ability to operate with confidence and credibility across all functions of the Company
IT, Administrative and Organisational Skills:
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, popular ESPs, web and social media analytics, social media platforms, and marketing automation and reporting tools
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills, with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines and to demonstrate an effective and resourceful approach to addressing issues
- Ability to manipulate and analyse data. Strong skills and evidence of success in acquiring new data
Judgement and Analysis:
- Sound judgement with the ability to interpret, analyse and disseminate complex, sensitive information
- A strong understanding of business and organisational risk and the ability to analyse situations and apply judgement on decisions
- Awareness of the company’s reputation, branding, ethos, and vision
- Resourceful and purposeful, with initiative, drive and a strong desire to deliver exceptional results.
- A team player both internally and externally
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to present and explain management information clearly to a variety of audiences
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, or a related field (Master’s degree preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in a marketing role with a proven record of delivering successful campaigns
- Ability to think strategically and develop innovative marketing initiatives
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to use data to make informed decisions
- Familiarity with marketing tools such as Google Analytics, Hootsuite, SEMrush/Moz, Mailchimp/ACS, BuzzSumo
- Experience with project management tools such as Asana or Trello
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Understanding of the use of data
- Broad experience across digital and offline marketing channels
- Good experience of working with sales, marketing and design teams
- Hybrid role: 2 days minimum in the office
- Desirable: B2B publishing and subscription experience
Learning & Development:
At emap, we believe that employee learning and development are the key drivers of our success. To ensure continuous growth and meet the ever-changing demands of the workplace, we provide an environment that fosters continuous development for our employees.
Our employees are encouraged to identify their areas of personal and professional development aligned with our strategic areas, including management development, health, safety & wellbeing, sales, events management, marketing strategy, editorial, and information technology. We have a structured framework designed to help equip our employees with the necessary knowledge, skills, and behaviors to excel in their job roles, contributing to achieving our organizational objectives.
To support our employees’ career development, we have designed specialized programs, as well as other stand-alone role-specific and generic courses, under the emap academy.
This exciting position is a full-time hybrid role. 2 days in the office, 3 days from home. This could change over time depending on business needs.
Benefits: emap is part of Metropolis Group. Together we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
- Health plan
- Life assurance
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers
- Rail season ticket loans
- Private virtual GP access
- Pension scheme
- Income protection and more
- Continuous learning & development opportunities
- Seasonal flu jabs on site
- One paid volunteer day per year
- Summer and Winter parties
- Work from home during August
- In-house Excellence Awards and other innovation projects
Diversity and Inclusion: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
How to apply: Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . Due to the volume of applications, we receive, we are unable to give individual feedback at the application stage, however if you are successfully shortlisted you will be contacted within 10 working days of the closing date.